Spare Wheel ?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
old man

Post by old man »

Has anyone fitted a spare wheel in the boot of the latest Tuscon N Line Hybrid 230bhp 2WD ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

old man wrote: ↑Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:04 pm Has anyone fitted a spare wheel in the boot of the latest Tuscon N Line Hybrid 230bhp 2WD ?
Nope. No car to try it in🀣🀣🀣
I've read that the Road Hero Space saver kit is a good one for it though.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
old man

Post by old man »

Nope. No car to try it in

Me neither, but mine should be here in the next two weeks if one believes the salesman.
I've seen Road Hero advertised, but I don't need a jack and wheelbrace, plus I'll be looking for a proper sized tyre (not spacesaver) as I have in my current car - if one will fit.
It's still limited to 80kph but there's much tread in contact with the road.
old man

Post by old man »

Went to pick up my new car today, but the weather prevented me bringing home.
However, I can confirm that the N Line S hybrid 2WD will accommodate a full size wheel in the wheel well as long as the boot floor is in the uppermost position. I know this because the workshop tried it for me.
I have to assume that a space saver will fit in there with the boot floor in the lower position.
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

old man wrote: ↑Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:50 pm Went to pick up my new car today, but the weather prevented me bringing home.
However, I can confirm that the N Line S hybrid 2WD will accommodate a full size wheel in the wheel well as long as the boot floor is in the uppermost position. I know this because the workshop tried it for me.
I have to assume that a space saver will fit in there with the boot floor in the lower position.
Excellent news. I did see Australian video with full size spare in so thought it would accommodate space saver. Cheers for posting info. πŸ‘
old man

Post by old man »

Further to this, after several enquiries I have today ordered this spare wheel.

https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/product/ ... gLFKPD_BwE

It's a proper tyre, not a space saver, and although it's a 17" tyre, the overall diameter is as near as dammit the same as my 19" tyres.
I had issue with the company because it's advertised as fitting a 2015 car onwards, so I had to explain that mine and a 2015 model are different cars. They are adamant the wheel will fit both cars, but they understood my concerns that their wheel might not clear the brake discs etc on my car, so they said that if there's any problem, let them know and they'll take it back.
They said have a space saver if I have doubts, but I much prefer a proper size tyre that isn't limited to 50kph and 50 miles distance. Also, a space save should not be fitted to the front of a car - understandable.
The only difference I can see between this wheel and my own, is the the ET value on mine is 51 whilst it's 50 on theirs. This shouldn't prevent it fitting my car and I will only ever use it as a temporary spare if needed.
dunzer

Post by dunzer »

old man wrote: ↑Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:34 pm Further to this, after several enquiries I have today ordered this spare wheel.

https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/product/ ... gLFKPD_BwE

It's a proper tyre, not a space saver, and although it's a 17" tyre, the overall diameter is as near as dammit the same as my 19" tyres.
I had issue with the company because it's advertised as fitting a 2015 car onwards, so I had to explain that mine and a 2015 model are different cars. They are adamant the wheel will fit both cars, but they understood my concerns that their wheel might not clear the brake discs etc on my car, so they said that if there's any problem, let them know and they'll take it back.
They said have a space saver if I have doubts, but I much prefer a proper size tyre that isn't limited to 50kph and 50 miles distance. Also, a space save should not be fitted to the front of a car - understandable.
The only difference I can see between this wheel and my own, is the the ET value on mine is 51 whilst it's 50 on theirs. This shouldn't prevent it fitting my car and I will only ever use it as a temporary spare if needed.
Be interesting to here how you get on with the spare wheel when you get it,I would like to get a full size spare for mine when it arrives.
old man

Post by old man »

Spare wheel arrived today. It does fit in my spare wheel well (N Line S Hybrid 2WD) with the boot floor in its highest position.
I also took a front wheel off and fitted the spare. It does fit and it does clear the brake mechanism, although it is closer than the original wheel. I didn't drive the car with the spare on and as stated, I will only be using this a temporary spare if needed.
Much happier with this than a space saver.

With the polystyrene cradle removed and the spare in place, there's a fair bit of space around the wheel for storage.

Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

old man wrote: ↑Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:25 pm Spare wheel arrived today. It does fit in my spare wheel well (N Line S Hybrid 2WD) with the boot floor in its highest position.
I also took a front wheel off and fitted the spare. It does fit and it does clear the brake mechanism, although it is closer than the original wheel. I didn't drive the car with the spare on and as stated, I will only be using this a temporary spare if needed.
Much happier with this than a space saver.

With the polystyrene cradle removed and the spare in place, there's a fair bit of space around the wheel for storage.

Good news that as we have a proven choice now. Top marks Oldman.

Ps. Car looks ace. Good choiceπŸ‘
Buzzlightyear

Post by Buzzlightyear »

Hi Oldman
What size is the tyre oin your wheel as the one I got delivered from wheeshop looks smaller than yours
William

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post