Alarm going off

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
mallingman

Post by mallingman »

Hi. Anyone had an issue with the alarm going off in the new ultimate?

Twobob40

Post by Twobob40 »

Mine is a bit sensitive. I was washing off some bird crap and the car moving set it off. It also goes off if it thunders.

But no random activation.
Big S

Post by Big S »

Twobob40 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:39 pm Mine is a bit sensitive. I was washing off some bird crap and the car moving set it off. It also goes off if it thunders.

But no random activation.
How hard were you rubbing it if the car was moving!! :lol: :lol:

Don't forget to take the key out of your pocket when washing the tailgate as it will go into open mode, if yours is programmed this way in the settings mode.
Twobob40

Post by Twobob40 »

That's my point lol. It hardly moved.
Stephen45

Post by Stephen45 »

Hi, I have suffered this problem twobob40. I also have frustration with the alarm going off in windy conditions. I agree that it is very sensitive. I have had to go out several times through the night and disable the internal sensors, problem is they reset the next time you start the car.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

Hi

It’s a known fault, mine’s being doing it since delivery, my local dealer has diagnosed the fault, it’s actually a fault within the central door locking that’s causing the issue, Hyundai do have a fix which requires replacing quite a few parts, front ultra sonic sensors, sensors in rear doors, sensor in roof for rear door and another in the centre roof of the vehicle,unfortunately these are on back order and they have no idea when they will be available.
I have found with mine if you lock it from the key fob, pressing the lock key twice this seems to lessen the occurrence of the alarm going off, mine was going off 8 to 12 times in a 24 hour period even when it was parked in our garage.
stojced

Post by stojced »

Pogleswood wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:06 pm Hi

It’s a known fault, mine’s being doing it since delivery, my local dealer has diagnosed the fault, it’s actually a fault within the central door locking that’s causing the issue, Hyundai do have a fix which requires replacing quite a few parts, front ultra sonic sensors, sensors in rear doors, sensor in roof for rear door and another in the centre roof of the vehicle,unfortunately these are on back order and they have no idea when they will be available.
I have found with mine if you lock it from the key fob, pressing the lock key twice this seems to lessen the occurrence of the alarm going off, mine was going off 8 to 12 times in a 24 hour period even when it was parked in our garage.
When you press lock key twice you disable the internal sensors (disable deadlock).
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

Hi

Probably explains why the alarm doesn’t go off as the fault seems to be a combination of dead lock and internal sensors.
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Pogleswood wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:06 pm Hi

I would have hoped a software/firmware fix for something like this. Replacing hardware components should be at a last resort.
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

Hi
The dealer showed me the service recall documents with the list and positions of parts to be replaced, 5 parts in total. unfortunately he wouldn’t let me take a picture of it to post on here.

While it was in they also did the current recall check for faulty seals that can cause oil leaks.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post