Rising electricity prices

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
chrisdobb

Post by chrisdobb »

Is that really progress?
Coming home late at night, pouring rain you're tired wet and just want to go to bed and yet you need to stand out in the weather and hook you high tec EV into your external charging point.
How progressive is that?

Big S

Post by Big S »

chrisdobb wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:00 am Is that really progress?
Coming home late at night, pouring rain you're tired wet and just want to go to bed and yet you need to stand out in the weather and hook you high tec EV into your external charging point.
How progressive is that?
May not be progressive but keeps the 'green's' happy and buyers have to pay the extra road tax for 5 years because they stepped over the £40K bracket. Still there's always a bright side and that is you won't be visiting the petrol station so often.
Provided you've remembered to plug in of course!!!!
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

Plugging in a cable is hardly a laborious or time consuming process.

Get a wind turbine and suddenly you are fuel self sufficient, (as long as it's windy and you don't want to go more than 15 miles away) ... Now that's progress ;)
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

NoTwOld wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:43 pm I don't know if anyone has found this but a friend of mine has just purchased a new house and new houses come with a wall charger, they asked if it could be fitted inside the garage but were told they were not allowed due to regulations it must be fitted externally ?
Don't think there is any rule about them being fitted externally or internally. I suspect its because new houses have garages too small for most cars!
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate
roadster

Post by roadster »

Just been told that as of April 1st my electricity will be 30p per KW.H . That's no joke!
Tucson PHEV Premium
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Mine's gone up to 27.865, a 35% increase but the daily standing charge has gone up by 92%. I haven't worked out what this will do to the cost of running the car-or my electric and gas bills-gas up by 82% a unit!-but petrol is going up as well so it's bad news all round, and probably going to get worse.
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

It's a shame the Panoramic roof wasn't a big solar panel perhaps that's next on the options list

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post