length of charging cable in plug in hybrid

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi all ordering my Tucson ultimate plug in hybrid on Thursday and I am about to sort out the home ev charger.
The £350 grant is finishing on the 31st of march this year, so I'm getting it ready.
I have seen they do a tethered cable or plug in.

question I have is the car comes with 2 types of charger leads a 3 pin granny charger and male/ female charger lead how long are these leads? please

so if I go for the plug one it can give me a idea where to put it as for the size of the lead.

Also any recommendations on a EV charger?

Jools
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022

NLineS

Post by NLineS »

I’ve gone for the Pod Point charger Solo 3 tethered 7kW. I placed my order on 07/012022 and had my installation dated confirmed yesterday for 16/02/2022. To get the grant the installation needs to take place before 31/03/2022. If you happen to decide to go with the Pod Point charger this MUST be via a referral from your supplying dealer who has to give your details to Pod Point who the send you an email link for you to place your order to ensure installation takes place before the deadline date to benefit from the £350 grant.

Unfortunately my car hasn’t arrived yet so I can’t answer your question regarding the supplied cable.
DoggyDave19

Post by DoggyDave19 »

I went with a tethered OHME PRO charger. Didn’t fancy messing about finding cables and plugging in on dark, cold rainy nights!
Standard length on mine is 5mtrs. Could have had longer but you are charged more. Did a quick check with tape measure, car needs to be fairly close depending on how you park, forwards or reverse. Plug is rear offside.
roadster

Post by roadster »

Yes 5 meters. For my own convenience I had to buy a longer 10 meter ICCB cable but that had the advantage that it has more charge rate options. Personally I don't need a quick charge facility at home so I am more than happy with the 5 to 6 hour charging time for the PHEV. Of course you could use an extension cable but you would have to be very careful that it will work safely up to the full 13 amps and under no circumstances should you leave an extension cable coiled up while charging - it will melt!
Tucson PHEV Premium

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post