New PHEV Condensation/ice internalley

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
steverance

Post by steverance »

Took delivery 2021 version in October, few teething issues.
When coming to a stand still the car creaks from the suspension, same again when i pull off and sometimes when releasing the parking brake
I get condensation on the inside, the front windscreen gets ice inside in freezing conditions, has any one else had this problem. i never had this on any of my other cars.

Interested to see if anyone else had issues on the above.

KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Hello. Had ours since September. No quality issues thus far and certainly no interior icing up. My only gripe is the length of time it takes to switch to EV on cold mornings like today. My typical journey is 4-5 miles and this morning I didn't get into EV mode at all on the outward journey and only briefly on the way back, after being parked up for about 45 mins. Is this in line with what other plug-in owners are experiencing?
steverance

Post by steverance »

Thanks Keith, it looks like i got the Friday afternoon build :( i will contact the dealer and get this fixed.
Great car so far really enjoying it.
I had own two new Land Rover Discovery Sports before switching to the Tucson and must say i feel the quality on most of the components are better in the Tucson.

To the EV mode, mine is the same if i am on the School run and the heater is on with temp up above 20 degree it takes its time to switch to full EV ~15 mins+
I just pop the seats on and switch the heater off to go straight to EV mode from the off if needed.
Cheers
Steve
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

steverance wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:49 pm
I get condensation on the inside, the front windscreen gets ice inside in freezing conditions, has any one else had this problem. i never had this on any of my other cars.

Interested to see if anyone else had issues on the above.
I have had the same issue this week in my vw Tiguan 2018 and my wife polo 2021 model.
but I think it has to do with the weather outside at the moment moisture in the air then freezing

Jools
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
steverance

Post by steverance »

Thanks Jools,

Not had this issue since i posted, I think the issue is because to use the car in EV mode on cold mornings i have to drive without the heating on as the engine drives the heating if its needs lots of energy.
So i have just left in ECO mode and let the car do what it should :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post