Any delivery updates?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Ram man

Post by Ram man »

I’ve just had email from dealer saying our car will be docking at tilbury tomorrow or at latest Saturday :) yes get in!!!
I still think price payed could be a factor as I didn’t push for a big discount and only ordered end of January so fingers crossed only 7weeks. I’ll only really believe it when I see an actual car though lol

AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

Ram man wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:25 pm I’ve just had email from dealer saying our car will be docking at tilbury tomorrow or at latest Saturday :) yes get in!!!
I still think price payed could be a factor as I didn’t push for a big discount and only ordered end of January so fingers crossed only 7weeks. I’ll only really believe it when I see an actual car though lol
Fingers crossed for you but I didn’t think there was a vehicle carrier due at tilbury this weekend. Hope you get sorted 🤞👍
ashm

Post by ashm »

Ram man wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:25 pm I’ve just had email from dealer saying our car will be docking at tilbury tomorrow or at latest Saturday :) yes get in!!!
I really hope that proves true to you as a 7 week lead time is amazing! Wish I had that.

Chased my dealer yesterday and was told Hyundai has pushed back my order until end of March/Early April. I asked the him what he meant by that, i.e. whether it's build completion, or delivery date etc, and he got a bit defensive about it, :o . Although he did confirm March 23rd is the date on the system for "completed and ready for shipping".

I also chased up Hyundai supply via twitter and was told I should expect it at the dealership early May. :roll:

Anways, no surprises here. More waiting.
Ordered: Ultimate Hybrid Shimmering Silver
Order date: 30th December 2021 (Dealer had on order since late October)
Original estimated pick-up date: 21st March 2022
Picked-up: 4th April 2022
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Told delivery Wednesday 9th,arrived at tilbury 24 th Feb,ordered through a broker 18th Oct. Apparently been registered in Portsmouth BK reg ,so must be being transported from their.
Assume it's Hyundai Portsmouth ,anyone have any experience with them ?

Hyundai tucson 230 hybrid ultimate with tech pack
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Itchycat1 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:20 pm Told delivery Wednesday 9th,arrived at tilbury 24 th Feb,ordered through a broker 18th Oct. Apparently been registered in Portsmouth BK reg ,so must be being transported from their.
Assume it's Hyundai Portsmouth ,anyone have any experience with them ?

Hyundai tucson 230 hybrid ultimate with tech pack
Nice. Happy days. Enjoy. Mine is ordered with broker to. Just a thought.....have you checked your delivery option with the broker as the free delivery is quite often driven to you. Depending how far away from Portsmouth you are you may not want that mileage on it etc. I will be asking for a transporter delivery so I expect an extra charge for this but as it's my first ever new car want the mileage as low as possible.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Oli40

Post by Oli40 »

Just had a email from my dealer saying mine has been built and is on its way, the Neckar Highway docked at Tilbury on Wednesday so hopefully it was on it 🤞.

N Line S Hybrid 230 Shadow Grey

Ordered 4th Nov
Jjoh4

Post by Jjoh4 »

Hi I took delivery of my new hybrid Tucson on Wednesday, I’m very impressed with the quality and refinement. I got 53 mpg on my first journey which included motorway driving.
The smart cruise and hybrid systems have been well executed in this car and make driving a pleasure. Once the cabin temperature is stabilised the car switches to hybrid mode quickly.
Having previously owned three Jaguars the refinement is really good, my wife comments on how comfortable the seats are. Acceleration is very impressive with little noise from the engine. I took out the three year service plan to avoid any future price rises.
I’m very happy with my car, what are other new owners experiences ?.

Ultimate Hybrid Teal
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

Jjoh4 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:01 pm Hi I took delivery of my new hybrid Tucson on Wednesday, I’m very impressed with the quality and refinement. I got 53 mpg on my first journey which included motorway driving.
The smart cruise and hybrid systems have been well executed in this car and make driving a pleasure. Once the cabin temperature is stabilised the car switches to hybrid mode quickly.
Having previously owned three Jaguars the refinement is really good, my wife comments on how comfortable the seats are. Acceleration is very impressive with little noise from the engine. I took out the three year service plan to avoid any future price rises.
I’m very happy with my car, what are other new owners experiences ?.

Ultimate Hybrid Teal
Congratulations on your new car and thanks for taking the time to give us your first impressions. It’ll make the wait for mine a little easier to bear.
Two ships due in Gdansk this week then on to tilbury. Fingers and everything else crossed mine is on one of them 🤞🤞
Rossandjet

Post by Rossandjet »

I have now regraded car salespeople to being something smelly on your shoe. I was told that my Tucson was due in the country on the 21st of March. When I checked today, I have been told there has been a hiccup in deliveries and now, delivery is MAYBE, sometime in June, Grrrrrrr.
madowl

Post by madowl »

I got my N Line S 230 in shadow grey on Tuesday and was immediately impressed. Very quiet even when you push the engine and refined. Journey from dealer was 60 miles of motorway, dual carriageway and A/B roads and it returned 46mpg. Kept it in "eco" all the way but noticed the accelleration on overtaking was really swift (since tried the "sport" mode and there is a very noticeable power increase).
Had loads of cars so was pleasantly surprised with how it behaved on the road. More like a saloon car than an SUV. I feels very stable around bends with just a little oversteer. Mine has 19" wheels so the ride is a little firm but not overly so. Seats are very supportive and I found a good combination of them and the steering wheel adjustment. The adaptive Cruise is good on this car as well as it gradually accellerates after resuming rather than racing up to your speed set.
one thing did confuse me a little as I would find the mirrors unfolded and I thought it had unlocked or I have pressed the key fob by mistake. What happens is if you have the key fob with you and approach the car the mirrors unfold presumably to light your way at night. Never had one do that before.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post