Compatible Steering wheel lock for new Tuscon?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
ashm

Post by ashm »

Hi there,

Ordered a new Hyundai Tuscon 230bhp Ultimated 2WD Hybrid last week.

This was to replace my stolen 2019 Tuscon (stolen late November). Thieves probably used keyless entry theft.

I'm keen to get get a steering wheel lock to help act as a detterant for my new car as soon as I get it. But not sure if which one would would be compatible. I.e. different ones vary depending on the airbag, steering wheel etc?

Does anyone here have one on the new 2021 Tuscon? And if so which one?

Thanks.
Ordered: Ultimate Hybrid Shimmering Silver
Order date: 30th December 2021 (Dealer had on order since late October)
Original estimated pick-up date: 21st March 2022
Picked-up: 4th April 2022

Tejstar

Post by Tejstar »

The Stoplock 'Pro Elite' works great on our new Tucson Hybrid.

ashm

Post by ashm »

Tejstar wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:12 am The Stoplock 'Pro Elite' works great on our new Tucson Hybrid.

Brilliant.. That was the one I was looking at. But now I have confirmation it fits. Thanks!!
old man

Post by old man »

I'm a little late to this party, but your new car also has keyless entry, so why not buy a Faraday bag to keep your keys fobs in ? That way keyless entry theft won't work.
A Faraday bag is a much cheaper option than a steering wheel lock and if your car has been targeted for theft and the thieves come with the tools to do the job, they can have your lock off in seconds.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
ashm

Post by ashm »

old man wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:12 am I'm a little late to this party, but your new car also has keyless entry, so why not buy a Faraday bag to keep your keys fobs in ? That way keyless entry theft won't work.
A Faraday bag is a much cheaper option than a steering wheel lock and if your car has been targeted for theft and the thieves come with the tools to do the job, they can have your lock off in seconds.
Hi, yeah I have a faraday bag too now, which i will use with my new car. (Although the police told me they are not always effective). Just want to create as many barriers as possible. I'm aware nothing is full proof, but it might make the thieves not target my car, or at least slow them down. And £45 or so is not a bad price to pay to help avoid hassle of getting my car stolen again.
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

ashm wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:32 pm Hi there,

Ordered a new Hyundai Tuscon 230bhp Ultimated 2WD Hybrid last week.

This was to replace my stolen 2019 Tuscon (stolen late November). Thieves probably used keyless entry theft.

I'm keen to get get a steering wheel lock to help act as a detterant for my new car as soon as I get it. But not sure if which one would would be compatible. I.e. different ones vary depending on the airbag, steering wheel etc?

Does anyone here have one on the new 2021 Tuscon? And if so which one?

Thanks.
For the relatively small cost this I think is worth it as another detterent.... Will defo get mine done.

Screenshot_20220203-092323.jpg

Screenshot_20220203-092323.jpg

2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Tejstar

Post by Tejstar »

old man wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:12 am I'm a little late to this party, but your new car also has keyless entry, so why not buy a Faraday bag to keep your keys fobs in ? That way keyless entry theft won't work.
I use a steering wheel lock and faraday pouch. They both serve a different purpose - the steering lock is a visual deterrant for any opportunistic thief, while the faraday pouch is there to protect in case our car was targeted.

Ideally, I'd like to turn keyless off, but that's not an option with Hyundai cars.
Last edited by Tejstar on Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old man

Post by old man »

[quoteIdeally, I'd like to turn keyless off, but that's not an option with Hyundai cars.][/quote]

That's interesting. I haven't got my car yet so I can't test this, but I could do it on my previous Skoda. Normally manufacturers follow each other with this type of thing.
Also, some manufacturers now make key fobs that disable keyless entry if the fob hasn't moved for a short period of time.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Tejstar

Post by Tejstar »

old man wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:15 am Some manufacturers now make key fobs that disable keyless entry if the fob hasn't moved for a short period of time.
I don't think this is the case with the Tucson, although no one gave me a definitive answer on this!
keiro

Post by keiro »

Can I just double check that the Stoplock 'Pro Elite' works on our new Tucson Hybrid?
Amazon says it is incompatible!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post