2022.. surely the year I finally get my new car!!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Cute-as-ducks

Post by Cute-as-ducks »

Hi 👋

I am thinking of placing an order today for my new car - just wondering if anyone could tell me the real amount of time I am likely to be waiting.

Im hoping to order the HYUNDAI TUCSON ESTATE 1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Auto in dark knight grey

Many thanks 😊
HYUNDAI TUCSON ESTATE 1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Auto Dark Knight Grey

ORDERED: 20 May 2022

joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Good choice and colour with the tech pack it will be longer with out around 30 weeks, but they are coming quicker as some members have found out.
I have moved from vw to hyundai as they could get cars much quicker, my mate is still waiting for his Tiguan and its been on order since may 2021 and he wont have it until November :shock: :shock:
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
Cute-as-ducks

Post by Cute-as-ducks »

I did it!!! All ordered!!

Thank you for your advice, I didnt go with the tech pac as I didnt really need it - this will be our 2nd car and is really for me to get to work and back. Really hope it doesn't take too long!!
HYUNDAI TUCSON ESTATE 1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Auto Dark Knight Grey

ORDERED: 20 May 2022
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Out of interest, how long did the dealer indicate it would be for an order placed today?
Matt2725

Post by Matt2725 »

The dealer has updated and told me they now expect the car to arrive to them on August 4th. So that's an improvement of 1 month, so maybe things are moving forward.

I'm not fussed at waiting for the changeover to 72 on the registration, so might be seeing it sooner than later.
Beards

Post by Beards »

Mar10 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:23 pm Out of interest, how long did the dealer indicate it would be for an order placed today?
My dealer told me my Plug-in Ultimate with Tech Pack would be 5 months, extended due to the Tech Pack.
However, I never take their lead times as gospel, merely a broad date added to my calendar.
Things change both positive and negative, swings and roundabouts…. As such my vehicle comes when it comes. ;)
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024
Jef48brw#

Post by Jef48brw# »

I'm having the same problem my estimates delivery date was 31st December had so many date changes delays, June will be official 12 months waiting hyundai tucson 48V MHEV N-Line S tech pack Auto AWD dark night metallic. Good thing I have my 2019 hyundai tucson SE to getting me around. Waiting really getting on top of me now.
LesterJ

Post by LesterJ »

I ordered my Hyundai Tucson 1.6h TGDI Ultimate Auto in November 2021. Despite numerous shifting delivery leadtimes, I've been a dealer date of 23.05.22, however after reading these comments I'm not holding my breath.
Matt2725

Post by Matt2725 »

Jef48brw# wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:28 pm I'm having the same problem my estimates delivery date was 31st December had so many date changes delays, June will be official 12 months waiting hyundai tucson 48V MHEV N-Line S tech pack Auto AWD dark night metallic. Good thing I have my 2019 hyundai tucson SE to getting me around. Waiting really getting on top of me now.
That can't be right.

I see on the other thread you ordered in July 2021. You should have had your car a fair while ago unless they're having issues with the mild hybrid systems, but I don't see why compared to the HEV and PHEV models.
I ordered an N-Line S 230 HEV in Feb. Delivery has just been brought forward to August 4th (was September).
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

I'm not sure you can always believe the 'brought forward' dates though either. I was originally told May 27th which was brought forward to May 1st, this was in April so I presumed it would be pretty accurate. Now it's pushed back to sometime in June though. They seem to just arrive when they do, there's not much point in trying to predict.

@LesterJ - if you've been told a dealer date of today then I'd at least be getting on the phone to them. It should either be there or they know exactly when it will be. Unless of course it hasn't arrived yet and then you're back into 'anyones guess' territory!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post