2022.. surely the year I finally get my new car!!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

I order mats and boot protector and mudflaps, these where on back order and I would not have bothered as they are tiny.
So if you can get after market ones for 1/4 of the price, which are larger and they fit? go for them, have a look at them below.

IMG_4383.jpeg

IMG_4384.jpeg

Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022

AZ2021

Post by AZ2021 »

Thanks guys. Seems made that with ordering a car of X value they can't even put mats in.

I've ordered some from CarMats.co.uk and they fit nicely actually, so I don't feel too hurt about it now.
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid, with tech pack.
Matt2725

Post by Matt2725 »

Has anyone had any updates lately?

I checked with the dealer as it was due soonish and they can't get any information from Hyundai right now for whatever reason. But have been told a number of their vehicles have started to go backwards in lead times all of a sudden.
mah006

Post by mah006 »

Factories in Europe close down for 2 weeks so maybe this is why no new info & back orders increasing
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Matt2725 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:30 pm Has anyone had any updates lately?

I checked with the dealer as it was due soonish and they can't get any information from Hyundai right now for whatever reason. But have been told a number of their vehicles have started to go backwards in lead times all of a sudden.
Latest info I had from broker on Monday was they had no idea when it would arrive. For whatever reason Hyundai stopped giving updates on delivery. Said they gone from one of the best to one of the worst for delivery info. So in a nutshell unknown and could arrive anytime. 😞
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
NLineS

Post by NLineS »

I was informed yesterday that my N-Line-S PHEV (ordered Dec 2021) arrived at Tilbury last week and it should be with me 1st or 2nd week in August. Think I'm gonna wait until 1st September though.
focusy

Post by focusy »

I’d agree nline s. No point loosing potential value due to a couple of weeks
Matt2725

Post by Matt2725 »

NLineS wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:49 pm

I was informed yesterday that my N-Line-S PHEV (ordered Dec 2021) arrived at Tilbury last week and it should be with me 1st or 2nd week in August. Think I'm gonna wait until 1st September though.
Seems like a sensible option.

Last date I was given was August 10th arrival at dealer but this was a month ago now, but like you, I wasn't planning on taking delivery until the change over to the 72 plate anyway.

Edit:
Scratch that...just seen I've had an e-mail saying my car (N-Line S HEV) has arrived at the dealer but they will keep it stored until September for me. Strange coincidence.
XADE

Post by XADE »

Matt2725 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:15 pm

Last date I was given was August 10th arrival at dealer but this was a month ago now, but like you, I wasn't planning on taking delivery until the change over to the 72 plate anyway.

Edit:
Scratch that...just seen I've had an e-mail saying my car (N-Line S HEV) has arrived at the dealer but they will keep it stored until September for me. Strange coincidence.
Why would you want to wait just for the plate? Seems an odd decision, unless you physically cant take the car.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Matt2725

Post by Matt2725 »

XADE wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:06 pm
Matt2725 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:15 pm

Edit:
Why would you want to wait just for the plate? Seems an odd decision, unless you physically cant take the car.
My current car doesn't go back until early September anyway. Granted I could send it back earlier if I was so inclined, but also residual value going forward. You'd be surprised what a newer plate number will add in terms of value to a car. A 22 plate registered on August 29th for example will often hold considerably less value vs a 72 plate registered on September 2nd.

Obviously it's all relative and I would happily take it tomorrow, but I don't have the space until my current car goes back anyway.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post