2022.. surely the year I finally get my new car!!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 »

Aelking wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:00 pm What i think might have happened to cause the delay is that Hyundai stopped producing the 2021 tucson in about september and decided to wait to build orders placed after august as the 2022 tucson. Which for my ultimate became a november build month, that really became december/january

If this is the case, i dont mind, i just wish they would say, and give the dealer the correct information rather than telling the dealer it was already on a ship since mid November.
Even though my order went in in August I had asked Hyundai Uk why others had cars already built with much later order dates. They told me some trims went onto back order and weren't accepted into the factory until November. So they must have an awful lot of back orders to fulfil.
Trim/Engine: 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 N Line S 5dr 2WD Auto
Order date: Dealer stock order 25th August 21
Build completion: 9th Feb 22
Arrived Tilbury: 16th Feb 22
Arrived into dealer: 24th Feb 22 (original date on paperwork 22 Dec 21)
Pick up: 2nd March 22

Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 »

Quinn010 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:41 am
swiftly72 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:59 pm
Quinn010 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:16 pm Really don't get Hyundais system, I am on order since 25th august and last estimated date was end of Jan yet orders going in in November are also being told end of Jan and others who ordered October are getting cars by mid Jan?!
My delivery dates are around yours for the N Line S, Hyundai UK have told me its at sea the other day and the dealer got in touch on Tuesday to say the cars been built end of Dec and would be docking in the UK this week, so maybe all the N Line S's are on the ship that docked today at Tilbury. We'll see.
That's great news for you. Last update thur 30th for me was 'built within the next 2 weeks'. Just wish they would give you an actual confirmed build week at least. That ship that docked yesterday left last night at 11.32pm so you should get a more positive update confirming it's here this week I'd imagine, keep me updated
dunzer

Post by dunzer »

AnnE13 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:20 pm Dunzer the way we were told it was this. There were three cars to the spec and colour we wanted on a shipment due in Feb. To secure one we paid £500 deposit. The next shipment would not have been till May….too long to wait.
When we agreed to pay the deposit next day there were only two of the same spec cars available. Everything was done over the phone but we received an email about a week after placing the order to say they had a date of 1st week in Feb. Haven’t heard anything further but will post on here if we do.
Ours was already on order for a dealer stock car,just happened to be spec and co!our we were looking for,when it was originally ordered I don't know.
Had an email from salesman today,car now not due until the end of February now.
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

That’s a shame. We haven’t heard anything yet but will keep you posted.
dmisiac

Post by dmisiac »

Hi, does anyone know how long it should take for the cars to make their way from the dock to the dealerships? Ours was on a shipment that docked late December but it’s been sitting there due to lorry driver shortage ever since.

Has anyone with previous experience got any advice or anyone whose dealership has more info?
Aelking

Post by Aelking »

I am still waiting for my car to be shipped. By my dealer told me it would be a couple of days from getting off the ship to dealer. But was subject to delays of drivers and backlogs at the import centre.
Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 »

dmisiac wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:08 pm Hi, does anyone know how long it should take for the cars to make their way from the dock to the dealerships? Ours was on a shipment that docked late December but it’s been sitting there due to lorry driver shortage ever since.

Has anyone with previous experience got any advice or anyone whose dealership has more info?
From what I've read of others who were also on the ship that docked end of December they've been told mid Jan into dealers. The cars go through inspections then it's just a case of waiting for a transporter to take them to the dealers.
dmisiac

Post by dmisiac »

Quinn010 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:05 pm
dmisiac wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:08 pm Hi, does anyone know how long it should take for the cars to make their way from the dock to the dealerships? Ours was on a shipment that docked late December but it’s been sitting there due to lorry driver shortage ever since.

From what I've read of others who were also on the ship that docked end of December they've been told mid Jan into dealers. The cars go through inspections then it's just a case of waiting for a transporter to take them to the dealers.
Cheers, hoping for mid-Jan then.
terryp

Post by terryp »

I ordered an Ultimate Self Charging Hybrid in December and I'm told it should be with me in March. Happy to wait as long as it doesn't extend beyond April. So we'll see......

Ultimate 230PS Auto
Colour Dark Teal
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 »

Anyone close to getting their cars yet.... ?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post