2022.. surely the year I finally get my new car!!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Post Reply
Quinn010
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:02 pm

Post by Quinn010 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:52 am

With it now being just over 18 weeks since my order was placed I really hope this is the year I finally get to drive my new car! Estimated arrival date takes me to just over 22 weeks lead time!! Really hope the car is worth the wait 😊
Trim/Engine: 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 N Line S 5dr 2WD Auto
Order date: Dealer stock order 25th August 21
Build completion: 9th Feb 22
Arrived Tilbury: 16th Feb 22
Arrived into dealer: 24th Feb 22 (original date on paperwork 22 Dec 21)
Pick up: 2nd March 22

Scotsman
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:08 pm

Post by Scotsman » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:29 am

I hope you do too. It would be good to start to get some hard data on delivery lead times as people begin to receive cars. At the moment it seems we have a lot of people waiting for cars with no real idea of real delivery date, just dealer estimates.

Quinn010
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:02 pm

Post by Quinn010 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:00 pm

Scotsman wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:29 am
I hope you do too. It would be good to start to get some hard data on delivery lead times as people begin to receive cars. At the moment it seems we have a lot of people waiting for cars with no real idea of real delivery date, just dealer estimates.
It's definitely all guess work, Hyundai supply are even worse they just say 'within the next 4 weeks' and 'allow 2 weeks for build'. I have been told the N Line S went onto back order so my order wasn't accepted at the factory until 2 months after placement which explains the long wait. Also annoyingly I've found out some people with mid October orders have just found out their car arrived on the latest ship into Tilbury a couple days ago. There's no logical reason for a lot of it, I think it's a lottery!
Trim/Engine: 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 N Line S 5dr 2WD Auto
Order date: Dealer stock order 25th August 21
Build completion: 9th Feb 22
Arrived Tilbury: 16th Feb 22
Arrived into dealer: 24th Feb 22 (original date on paperwork 22 Dec 21)
Pick up: 2nd March 22

Scotsman
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:08 pm

Post by Scotsman » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:52 pm

I agree, I ordered a PHEV Ultimate with Tech Pack end of October. First estimate was March 2022. A month later it was delivery to dealer end of January 2022. I have had similar widely different dates from other manufacturers too.

In the past, one dealer (not Hyundai) suggested thinking of cars as Smarties. They come in lots of different colours.He explained if you wanted a blue Smartie and they were about to make blue Smarties then you could be lucky and have a short wait.But if they had moved onto making red Smarties followed by yellow Smarties before they made any more blue Smarties you might have a long wait. So a lottery if sorts. Not sure if the analogy is valid but at the time it placated me.

Quinn010
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:02 pm

Post by Quinn010 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:36 pm

Scotsman wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:52 pm
I agree, I ordered a PHEV Ultimate with Tech Pack end of October. First estimate was March 2022. A month later it was delivery to dealer end of January 2022. I have had similar widely different dates from other manufacturers too.

In the past, one dealer (not Hyundai) suggested thinking of cars as Smarties. They come in lots of different colours.He explained if you wanted a blue Smartie and they were about to make blue Smarties then you could be lucky and have a short wait.But if they had moved onto making red Smarties followed by yellow Smarties before they made any more blue Smarties you might have a long wait. So a lottery if sorts. Not sure if the analogy is valid but at the time it placated me.
I'd say that's pretty accurate. They defo build by trim and then colour I think. The trouble is the more popular trims, eg Ultimate and N Line range Hyundai are in such high demand and the supply is months behind so unfortunately the wait is always going to be painful in current times.
Trim/Engine: 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 N Line S 5dr 2WD Auto
Order date: Dealer stock order 25th August 21
Build completion: 9th Feb 22
Arrived Tilbury: 16th Feb 22
Arrived into dealer: 24th Feb 22 (original date on paperwork 22 Dec 21)
Pick up: 2nd March 22

dunzer
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:19 am

Post by dunzer » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:27 am

Our N line S is due end of January beginning of February,spoke to salesman just before Christmas and he said that it was still looking like that time for delivery.I have never seen any paperwork to confirm this ,so just going by what he says.We ordered it in November but it was already on order as a stock car so don't know when it was first ordered.It will be good to see some coming in to country and getting folks thoughts on them.

Quinn010
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:02 pm

Post by Quinn010 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:40 am

I've got roughly the same dates as you. I was told N Lines went on back order and mine was only
Accepted by the factory in November so my guess is N lines went into build from about December onwards. On other forums I have read some lucky people having N line S's on the recent shipment into Tilbury at the end of December so there's hope for us yet! I just wish with Hyundai they gave you an actual confirmed build week.
Trim/Engine: 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 N Line S 5dr 2WD Auto
Order date: Dealer stock order 25th August 21
Build completion: 9th Feb 22
Arrived Tilbury: 16th Feb 22
Arrived into dealer: 24th Feb 22 (original date on paperwork 22 Dec 21)
Pick up: 2nd March 22

dunzer
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:19 am

Post by dunzer » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:47 am

Hopefully they will come end of this month,due to get an update from salesman next week so will find out more then ,maybe.It be good to see one ,hopefully they worth the wait.What colour are you getting it in?

Quinn010
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:02 pm

Post by Quinn010 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:02 am

dunzer wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:47 am
Hopefully they will come end of this month,due to get an update from salesman next week so will find out more then ,maybe.It be good to see one ,hopefully they worth the wait.What colour are you getting it in?
That's what I keep telling myself, I hope it's worth the wait!! Dark Knight, you? I was told Dark Knight ready before Xmas and Shadow Grey start of Jan, now can confirm it was just wishful thinking.
Trim/Engine: 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 N Line S 5dr 2WD Auto
Order date: Dealer stock order 25th August 21
Build completion: 9th Feb 22
Arrived Tilbury: 16th Feb 22
Arrived into dealer: 24th Feb 22 (original date on paperwork 22 Dec 21)
Pick up: 2nd March 22

dunzer
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:19 am

Post by dunzer » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:39 am

Ours Is a Shadow grey one

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post