2022.. surely the year I finally get my new car!!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
HLB74

Post by HLB74 »

Just had a call from the dealer, mine (Ultimate hybrid, polar white) has finally arrived and picking it up Monday. Ordered 14/09/21, original delivery date 30/11/21

AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

Raging! Just been told by dealer that car is due to go into production in 4 weeks time and should be in the uk mid April!!
When we ordered we were led to believe the car was just waiting to be shipped!!
I know some of you have been waiting a looooog time too. I feel your pain!
leicesterrule

Post by leicesterrule »

That’s unbelievable! I understand the last couple of years has probably to led to some delays, but it’s not ok to promise customers they’ll be here within a certain window, and then not stick to that without some form of compensation. When did you order yours Ann?
AnnE13 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:53 pm Raging! Just been told by dealer that car is due to go into production in 4 weeks time and should be in the uk mid April!!
Big S

Post by Big S »

Dealers primary interest is shifting cars, Sales persons interest is commission so they will tell you anything to secure a sale from you. If they haven't been economical with the truth to get a sale, what they told buyers at point of sale was the latest news they had, and in this current climate of chip problems and pandemic issues things change regularly. They are also aware that not many people will cancel their order and shop elsewhere as other brands are in the same boat.
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

leicesterrule wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:26 pm That’s unbelievable! I understand the last couple of years has probably to led to some delays, but it’s not ok to promise customers they’ll be here within a certain window, and then not stick to that without some form of compensation. When did you order yours Ann?
AnnE13 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:53 pm Raging! Just been told by dealer that car is due to go into production in 4 weeks time and should be in the uk mid April!!
Ordered 22nd November. I understand that the dealers are only going on what they are told. I’ve been told that at the time of order the delivery dates were accurate but have since been pushed back for one reason or another. Had it not been a planned build I would have had to have waited a further 3-4 months.
A lot of us here are in the same situation, it’s nice to be able to have a grumble about delays but also share the joy with those whose orders are starting to filter through. Hopefully it will be worth the wait 🤞
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

Big S wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:26 pm Dealers primary interest is shifting cars, Sales persons interest is commission so they will tell you anything to secure a sale from you. If they haven't been economical with the truth to get a sale, what they told buyers at point of sale was the latest news they had, and in this current climate of chip problems and pandemic issues things change regularly. They are also aware that not many people will cancel their order and shop elsewhere as other brands are in the same boat.
Perfectly true. Some manufacturers are quoting 7-8 months.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi I have ordered a plug in ultimate with the plus pack and I was told by the dealer 20 weeks on delivery which might be 26 weeks.
The car I have at the moment is a 20 plate Tiguan 2.0 tdi and when I went in to order a new car for VW they told me delivery would be in 2023 they have closed the books for this year.
so waiting 20-26 weeks is not that long.

Jools
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

joolstdi wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:39 pm Hi I have ordered a plug in ultimate with the plus pack and I was told by the dealer 20 weeks on delivery which might be 26 weeks.
The car I have at the moment is a 20 plate Tiguan 2.0 tdi and when I went in to order a new car for VW they told me delivery would be in 2023 they have closed the books for this year.
so waiting 20-26 weeks is not that long.

Jools
HLB74 is picking his car up on Monday…ordered September. Happy days 👍

Won’t be long till ours arrives Jools :lol:
Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 »

AnnE13 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:04 am
Quinn010 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:08 am
Aelking wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:17 pm

There have been some changes between MY21 and MY22, from the website, the only bit that I have seen for the UK is for the tech pack, but in other countries there have been lots of changes across the models.

It is likely to also include some fixes for issues that were found in the MY21
That's good to know. You'd be raging if you wanted certain features when you ordered and then like mine it changed model year due to the wait and it was then missing features. On the n line s are the door mirrors and roof the same colour or black? Just I've seen the shadow grey for example with black roof and mirrors yet other colours the mirrors and roof match the main body
Shaun the S has the pan roof so as far as I know will be black 👍
Good to know as I think it looks quite smart. I have since found this so wasn't sure -
Shadow Grey [exclusively for N Line] with optional Phantom Black roof
Polar White with optional Phantom Black roof
Engine Red with optional Phantom Black roof
Sunset Red with optional Phantom Black roof
Dark Knight with optional Phantom Black roof
Shimmering Silver
Phantom Black
Trim/Engine: 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 N Line S 5dr 2WD Auto
Order date: Dealer stock order 25th August 21
Build completion: 9th Feb 22
Arrived Tilbury: 16th Feb 22
Arrived into dealer: 24th Feb 22 (original date on paperwork 22 Dec 21)
Pick up: 2nd March 22
dunzer

Post by dunzer »

Wow,not heard from my sales man but I fear the worst since our was ordered in November too.As far as I know we still on track for end of February 🙏

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post