2022.. surely the year I finally get my new car!!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Southern Lad wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:06 am
Nashy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:54 am
Southern Lad wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:38 am

Same here for June 20th. It's frustrating to say the least. What broker did you use?
Mines now gone from June - July - Early September to the 23rd September, no info on build dates etc so i am not that confident albeit a specific date
It definitely picked up for a while and people started getting there orders but it looks like it is slipping back again now. It certainly seems to have no pattern to it as orders that were placed after my date have arrived and others placed before have not etc. Just got to cling to the hope that it arrives eventually.
I still think 7 months is generally the timeline. Your order time is about 6 weeks or so after mine Southern Lad so I guess yours should only be another 6 weeks or so away as we ordered the same model / colour. It depends of course how long it takes to be transported once it reaches this country. Mine only took 10 days but I've heard of some taking another month.

It's difficult to compare with others though as the spec / model seems to effect the lead time. Once your into plugin hybrids and 4 wheel drive there's a greater chance it will be made in Korea and therefore on a different timeline.

I think it's these cases that make it hard to understand why someone gets their car sooner when they ordered later. Plus, then there are cars that dealers had maybe ordered as stock which they are now releasing, which makes the lead time seem deceptively short.

Certainly according to my dealer last week, if someone places a new order now they should be expecting to wait at least 7 months and possibly as long as 9 months.

Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Mar10 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:32 am
Southern Lad wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:06 am
Nashy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:54 am

Mines now gone from June - July - Early September to the 23rd September, no info on build dates etc so i am not that confident albeit a specific date
It definitely picked up for a while and people started getting there orders but it looks like it is slipping back again now. It certainly seems to have no pattern to it as orders that were placed after my date have arrived and others placed before have not etc. Just got to cling to the hope that it arrives eventually.
I still think 7 months is generally the timeline. Your order time is about 6 weeks or so after mine Southern Lad so I guess yours should only be another 6 weeks or so away as we ordered the same model / colour. It depends of course how long it takes to be transported once it reaches this country. Mine only took 10 days but I've heard of some taking another month.

It's difficult to compare with others though as the spec / model seems to effect the lead time. Once your into plugin hybrids and 4 wheel drive there's a greater chance it will be made in Korea and therefore on a different timeline.

I think it's these cases that make it hard to understand why someone gets their car sooner when they ordered later. Plus, then there are cars that dealers had maybe ordered as stock which they are now releasing, which makes the lead time seem deceptively short.

Certainly according to my dealer last week, if someone places a new order now they should be expecting to wait at least 7 months and possibly as long as 9 months.
Oh definitely. Correct on all points. It's just frustrating when you are given specific dates on several occasions and they pass with no outcome. As you say another month or so for mine is not a bad shout in reality. 👍😁
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Stuart82

Post by Stuart82 »

Stuart82 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:16 am Expected date has come & gone (yesterday) broker has no clue when it will arrive now. Ordered on 8th Feb. Hope other people are getting some luck on delivery dates.
Same here for June 20th. It's frustrating to say the least. What broker did you use?
New car discount.
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Stuart82 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:14 pm
Stuart82 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:16 am Expected date has come & gone (yesterday) broker has no clue when it will arrive now. Ordered on 8th Feb. Hope other people are getting some luck on delivery dates.
New car discount.
Mine was Discounted-New-Cars. It was a choice between your broker or the broker I chose. Interesting to see that the outcomes at the moment are similar.
Stuart82

Post by Stuart82 »

Southern Lad wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:22 pm

New car discount.
Mine was Discounted-New-Cars. It was a choice between your broker or the broker I chose. Interesting to see that the outcomes at the moment are similar.
Yeah. Ordered the n line s in sunset red. I think the only problem with the brokers is that they only get told once the car is ready to go at the port I think. The massive discount does soften the wait a bit though.
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Stuart82 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:47 pm

New car discount.
Yeah. Ordered the n line s in sunset red. I think the only problem with the brokers is that they only get told once the car is ready to go at the port I think. The massive discount does soften the wait a bit though.
Nice. Yes your right and this was the reason I made that decision as the wait was statutory any way. You still feel the frustration though. Info is always a bit sketchy as well. Fingers crossed for us all.
Stuart82

Post by Stuart82 »

Southern Lad wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:52 pm

Nice. Yes your right and this was the reason I made that decision as the wait was statutory any way. You still feel the frustration though. Info is always a bit sketchy as well. Fingers crossed for us all.
So out of nowhere I got an email this morning to say that my car is ready to go. Have now arranged to get it next Thursday pretty much 5 months to the day I placed the order.
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

That is good news, 5 months too, you beat the system!!
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Stuart82 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:24 pm
Southern Lad wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:52 pm
So out of nowhere I got an email this morning to say that my car is ready to go. Have now arranged to get it next Thursday pretty much 5 months to the day I placed the order.
That's good news. Happy for you. Definitely beat the average wait there. 👍
Nashy

Post by Nashy »

Joy of joys, just put back again and told don't make any plans , now 14th October 2022
TUCSON, PHEV Ultimate in Black
Ordered 21/02/2022
Arrived Tilbury Docks 06/09/2022
Arrived Dealers 19/10/2022
Delivered 07/11/2022 had 8 miles on clock

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post