Wing Mirrors

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
terryp

Post by terryp »

Hello All,
I'm new to this forum as I have a Tucson on order. Very impressed with the test drive. One thing I've just noticed. Has it got auto folding wing mirrors? My Kadjar has wing mirrors that fold automatically when it's locked so I assumed that all cars now have that.
If anyone could clarify that I would be grateful.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!

AZ2021

Post by AZ2021 »

Hey Terryp, I've got a '22 SE Connect and the wing mirrors fold on lock, and via a button on the driver's door.
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid, with tech pack.
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

I have the Hybrid ultimate, when I walk up to the car with the key in my pocket the door mirrors fold out before I reach it, when I get out of the car and press door lock button mirrors fold in this has done this since owning the car I have not set it up, the door mirrors do fold in using the button on the inside of the door as AZ2021 mentioned but will not fold in after reaching about 6mph it seems
terryp

Post by terryp »

Thanks for the replies.
I have the Ultimate self charging hybrid on order and I'm buying through a broker so there won't be much of a handover. It will be self taught, hence the question. My Kadjar locked itself as I walked away from it so I'll have to get used to locking it myself from now on.
I imagine I'll be asking more questions once the car is delivered. Maybe a month of evening classes might be useful!
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
msrdspw

Post by msrdspw »

Hi everyone, I have a Tucson PHEV 1.6 TGDi Premium on order and am worried about whether it'll fit through my gates. I've seen that the width of the car is 1865mm, but including unfolded wing mirrors it is 2070mm, which would be extremely tight for my gateway (which measures 2130mm). Does anyone know the overall width of the car with the wing mirrors in the folded position?
Big S

Post by Big S »

Its not easy finding the dimensions with mirrors folded in so I positioned it in my open garage doorway, which measures 2404mm folded the mirrors in and the gap either side was 250mm. So 2404mm minus 500mm leaves 1904mm. If you fold the mirrors in before driving through your gateway you will have 226mm to play with which is only 113mm either side. I hope you are good at judging distances. Reversing out with mirrors folded in could be tricky, suggest you have them folded out until you are nearly at the gates then fold them in just before going through the posts otherwise its going to get expensive.!!!
Beards

Post by Beards »

Big S wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:41 am Its not easy finding the dimensions with mirrors folded in so I positioned it in my open garage doorway, which measures 2404mm folded the mirrors in and the gap either side was 250mm. So 2404mm minus 500mm leaves 1904mm. If you fold the mirrors in before driving through your gateway you will have 226mm to play with which is only 113mm either side. I hope you are good at judging distances. Reversing out with mirrors folded in could be tricky, suggest you have them folded out until you are nearly at the gates then fold them in just before going through the posts otherwise its going to get expensive.!!!
Which is going to be even tighter for my wife putting the car In/Out of our garage.
Based on your figures (many thanks btw) we have an even tighter fit.
My Garage width is 2112mm - 1904mm = 104mm each side.

A gap of only 4 inches either side is going to make me sweat…… I’m disabled, she is the only driver. We normally use SatNav so she can get out of the garage…. Not really 😉.
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024
howitis

Post by howitis »

My wife was unable to get through such a gap with her hybrid without scratching it through our up and overs, which cost about 4inches in width each side due to a wooden frame and the door paraphanalia . Now replaced them with sliding panels and now have full 8ft gap, hopefully she continues to manage the extra 8 inches.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post