Battery capacity of Plug-in

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
AndyThornton

Post by AndyThornton »

I only use the 13amp home set up and has been said is not a charger. If you remove the trunk floor so that you can touch the AC-DC converter (next to the battery) see how hot it gets when home charging. If I charge at the maximum 10amps mine gets almost too hot to touch, hence why all the empty space around it. Heat = inefficiency.

DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

AndyThornton wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:47 pm If I charge at the maximum 10amps
Are you able to adjust the rate of charge?

I'd be interested to reduce the charging 'speed' to 5A, it should take all night to charge and be less 'stressful' for the battery.
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate
roadster

Post by roadster »

It might help your economy and the battery life if you use the car's settings ( or Bluelink ) to restrict the charging to 90% of the battery capacity. This wastes less energy achieving the final 10% which is the least efficient part of the charging cycle. There is a reason why Hyundai offer this setting and its probably because they are aware of the benefits.
Tucson PHEV Premium
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Hi. I've always just charged mine up to the full 35miles range. Is it the owner's manual that says to stop short of that? If so can you point me to it please and also how to limit the charge as you suggest.

Thanks
Keith
AndyThornton

Post by AndyThornton »

My 13amp "charger" allows the charging rate to be adjusted 6, 8 or 10 amps. I normally charge at 8 amps up to when it switches off (100%).
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

AndyThornton wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:40 pm My 13amp "charger" allows the charging rate to be adjusted 6, 8 or 10 amps. I normally charge at 8 amps up to when it switches off (100%).
Is there anything configurable car side?
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post