2021 Tucson key size

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Tejstar

Post by Tejstar »

Hi all - I wonder if someone can help. We are due to pick up our new Tucson Hybrid in the next week and would like to order some kind of faraday pouch as I understand keyless entry cannot be disabled.

Can someone who has a new shape Tucson tell me the dimensions of the key please? I'm not sure whether the case I am looking for will fit the key! Thanks :)

AndyThornton

Post by AndyThornton »

Key.jpg

My key is 84 x 40 x 20 mm.
Andy
Tejstar

Post by Tejstar »

Super helpful Andy - thanks for taking the time to respond! :)
Tejstar

Post by Tejstar »

I was going to go for this VONETTI tin from Amazon, but it may come up a tad short. Says internal dimensions are 82 x 41 x 20 mm.

AndyThornton

Post by AndyThornton »

You might just get away with it. The advert says "It's also lined with fine imitation sued" so it might compress enough to fit the key. I measured again and it is somewhere between 83 and 84mm in length. I just us a small metal container to keep the key (2 Keys) if I leave my car on the drive.
Tejstar

Post by Tejstar »

Thanks Andy. I might still give it a try anyway - if it doesn't fit I'll just return it. I'll report back once I take delivery!
Tejstar

Post by Tejstar »

Andy - Looks like your measurements were spot on as the Hyundai key was a few mm too tall for that Vonetti case. Will have to find something taller!
Tejstar

Post by Tejstar »

Quick update on this - I really liked the Vonetti case, even with it not fully flush closed the car would not open with the key inside and me walking around it. The case seems well built too with black aluminium.

So I ended up ordering the bigger Vonetti case (10cm tall) from Amazon Germany which arrived today (it was not available on Amazon UK). Works just as well but the size is a bit of beast! It's not cheap, but given the price of the car, very happy to have the peace of mind.

Here is the link if anyone else is keen:

Jeffw

Post by Jeffw »

Put your keys in your microwave.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post