Hybrid Ultimate Krell Audio

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Al94

Post by Al94 »

I have to admit I'm a little underwhelmed by the Krell audio in my new Tucson Ultimate at lower volume levels. There doesn't appear to be much action from the sub woofer in the boot, is this normal?
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto

KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

I think underwhelmed is a good description. It's nothing to write home about-just about acceptable in a lower-mid price range model but not up to spec in a top of the range car retailing at well over £40k. Compares poorly with the bog std unit in my 12yr old Jaguar XF.
Jeffw

Post by Jeffw »

I think this all sounds a little disingenuous. It’s not a bad system, although you do need to pump it a little. It just can’t compare to the Bose system in the Qashqai.
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

Sadly i don't have mine yet to give a properly informed decision, but i tried out the sound system on the test drive and found it to be ... reasonable.

Good sound is a subjective matter, many rate overwhelming bass as a good thing and it often depends on the type of music you like and what you think sounds good.

My Tiguan has the Dynaudio system which is extraordinarily good, whereas my company Audi A3 has Bang & Olufsen which barely scrapes acceptable, its good compared to the standard system which makes every song sound like call centre hold music. Volvo standard systems are decent while the HK upgrade is, in some ways, worse.

Being an included extra and not an expensive single upgrade suggests is probably just a co-branding / advertising agreement between Hyundai and Krell with probably little involvement from Krell at all, first to get their door panels off and take a proper look, will reveal the secret ...
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post