Bulbs, Sat Nat, Side Step

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
simmo1981

Post by simmo1981 »

Hey all

New to the forum I have just purchased a 2018 Tucson Premium for my wife, before she had a 2010 BMW X5, on the BMW she had side steps and wanted to know if they can be fitted to a Tucson. I have looked around on various sites and have found a few but wanted people's opinion on them are they worth it? (Its mainly for kids in and out)

Although its a 2018 model I wanted to know if the Sat Nav etc should be updated and how would I go about doing this? would it be a download on a USB or a dealership trip?

Last question, it doesn't have Xenons like the BMW and again wanted advice on the best (Whiter) looking bulbs that people may have fitted.

Thanks

Dave. S

AndyThornton

Post by AndyThornton »

Hi Dave
I have a 2016 Tucson and fitted Hyundai side steps from https://www.caraccessoriesplus.co.uk/pr ... D3875AB000.
They look very smart and I fitted them myself, my wife likes them as it's easier for her to get in and out. They also stop mud splashing up on the doors. I tried some non OEM steps from a 4x4 supplier but they looked terrible and were very agricultural in build quality. I also have a Tucson PHEV Ultimate and decided not to fit side steps as I feel they will detract from the lines of the car.
You cannot update the map from the USB and need to ask the dealer. Some other countries allow USB updates, eg US, but the update is country specific even for the 2021/22 Tucson and I wasn't brave enough to try this in case I crashed the software.
Can't help with the bulbs as both mine have LED.
Andy
agaveworm

Post by agaveworm »

I’m interested in changing my bulbs too. Any suggestions please?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post