Hyundai scoops six Carbuyer Best Car Awards as TUCSON named ‘Car of the Year’

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Hyundai Motor UK has dominated the 2022 Carbuyer Best Car Awards with six accolades in total, including the prestigious ‘Car of the Year’ award for the all-new Hyundai TUCSON SUV.

tucsonCOTYaward2022.jpg

The TUCSON was also named ‘Best Family Car’ and ‘Best Hybrid Car’. In addition, the Hyundai IONIQ 5 was hailed as the ‘Best Company Car’ and ‘Best Family Electric Car’, whilst the Hyundai i20 N was honoured as the ‘Best Hot Hatchback.’

All models were judged against market rivals on cost, performance, comfort, safety and practicality, with winners selected by Carbuyer’s team of experts after rigorous testing.

Richard Ingram, Editor, Carbuyer said: “A multiple award winner, the Hyundai TUCSON is both Carbuyer’s Best Family Car as well as our Best Hybrid Car for 2022. Lovely to drive, practical and easy to live with, it’s also cheap to run thanks to its hybrid powertrains. In fact, the new Tucson is quite simply the best new car we’ve driven all year – making it the natural winner of Carbuyer’s overall Car of the Year.”

Priced from £28,710, the ground-breaking Hyundai TUCSON SUV is offered with a choice of three powertrains, Hybrid, Plug-in Hybrid and Petrol with Mild Hybrid. The TUCSON’S styling is sophisticated yet rugged, performance is consummately blended with efficiency, and the engaging driving experience is backed up by best-in-class safety. Every TUCSON is equipped with advanced safety features such as Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (FCA) Car, Pedestrian and Cycle and Multi Collision Braking (MCA) as standard.

Other Hyundai models impressed the judging panel, with Richard Ingram lauding IONIQ 5 as an electric trailblazer: “We’ve seen the electric car game move on significantly over the past 12 months, and the IONIQ 5 is proof of just how far the market has come. Futuristic not only in the way it looks, its long range and ultra-rapid charging put it at the cutting-edge, while its spacious cabin and generous kit list make it a brilliant car to live with.”

The futuristic-looking Hyundai IONIQ 5 is based upon Hyundai’s breakthrough Electric Global Modular Platform (E-GMP), which delivers faster charging, increased driving range, superior handling and more interior space. In addition to revolutionising sustainable mobility, the IONIQ 5 offers an interior that provides a whole new in-car experience – redefining living and moving space. Environmentally friendly materials, such as eco-processed leather and recycled yarn, are used extensively in the IONIQ 5.

Offered with a range of electric powertrains and two- and four-wheel drive configurations, the IONIQ 5 is able to charge from 10%-80% in just 18 minutes, accelerate from 0-62mph in as little as 5.2 seconds and travel up to 298 miles on a single charge.

Showcasing the strength of the full model range, a sixth award was presented to Hyundai as the i20 N won ‘Best Hot Hatchback’ of the year.

Richard Ingram said: “Hyundai has turned the hot hatch market on its head – first with the i30 N and more recently with the smaller but just as riotous i20 N. Frenetic, agile and quick, the compact Hyundai will keep up with most sports cars but with the added benefit of five doors and a big boot.”

Like every driver-focused Hyundai N model, the i20N was born at Namyang, Hyundai Motorsport’s Global Research & Development Centre in South Korea, and honed on the Nürburgring Nordschleife race circuit in Germany. Featuring a potent 204PS turbocharged petrol engine and a mechanical limited-slip differential, the i20N delivers stunning performance and ultra-agile handling on road and track. Pioneering connected and safety technologies enhance every journey. Like every Hyundai model sold in the UK, the i20N provides a five-year unlimited mileage warranty, five annual vehicle health checks and roadside assistance. Pricing begins at £24,995.

Ashley Andrew, Managing Director of Hyundai Motor UK said: “We are delighted that the Hyundai TUCSON has been presented with the coveted ‘Car of the Year’ award by the panel of experts at Carbuyer. This endorsement is further validation that the latest generation TUCSON remains one of the best SUVs in the UK market, as well as the best hybrid available. We are also thrilled to see the wider Hyundai range recognised across a number of prestigious honours. IONIQ 5 continues to set the standard for electric mobility, whilst the i20 N is recognised as the best hot hatchback yet again.”

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post