Charging while plugged in

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Tucron

Post by Tucron »

I'm still waiting for my plug in hybrid to arrive but am trying to prepare for it and am having a dedicated socket fitted outside of my garage.
Can anybody tell me, can the engine be started while the car is still being charged?
I was thinking of being able to remote start it on cold mornings but am not sure I can do that if it is plugged in.

DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

Possibly, but likely not to prevent you from driving off with the cable attached.
I didn't think the UK model had remote start capabilities?
I love my car, it's just a shame it was made by Hyundai
Tucron

Post by Tucron »

Thanks for your reply
I know that the full electric cars can be plugged in and started to warm up the car before getting in but it is a different form of heating.
But I was concerned that with a plug in version the heat would have to come from the engine so if that was running and charging the battery that would be in conflict with the charging cable.
I must admit that I did not realise that the UK model did not have remote start , I just assumed it did.
I live in France but I think the same must apply.
AndyThornton

Post by AndyThornton »

I have the Tucson with the Tech pack option. I can start the car from the key fob and move the car forward and backwords with control from the fob and doors locked. It moves powered as an EV. Not sure, if I leave the car with the ac turned to heat, whether it will run the ice to provide heat when started remotely. Will try it when the rain stops if your interested.
Andy

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post