MPG

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
wiked59

Post by wiked59 »

Having only had my car a few days I am dismayed to see it showing the mid 20's as my MPD. I cleared all driving totals and it went up to mid 60's, the 50's then 40's. I am now back in the 30's.

Do I need to drive for longer or, which I believe is correct should it read correct MPG from the off? :roll:

KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Which model do you have ,W59?
wiked59

Post by wiked59 »

I have the Ultimate - took delivery last week
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Sorry, but does that mean you have the plug-in hybrid or self-charging, or indeed petrol only?
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Sorry, but does that mean you have the plug-in hybrid or self-charging, or indeed petrol only?
wiked59

Post by wiked59 »

Hi
Its the mild hybrid. Sorry for delay in responding.
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Hello again. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to help much as I have the plug-in variety, but mid twenties does sound rather low. Is that for using the car mainly around town, which wouldn't help much? The engine could also be a bit tight, meaning you could see an improvement as it loosens up with use. I've had a couple of new cars over the years where that has turned out to be true. And then, of course, eveyone's driving style is different but I doubt you're giving a new car too much right foot!. If it doesn't improve perhaps you could get the dealer to check it out.

Perhaps someone on here with a similar model might be able to throw more light on the problem.
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

I have the ultimate Hybrid and on screen display shows 50.1 so I took mileage on last fill up and just recently filled up again and although my maths is not A1 I made it 48 MPG that is various driving including sport mode, I don't find that a bad return and not that far off what computer says
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Hi Wiked59. I was just wondering if your mpg has improved over the last few weeks.

I have the plug-in hybrid but couldn't calculate my top-up elec costs until the start of this month and won't be topping up with petrol until 1st Dec as using very little, so can't calculate my overall fuel costs yet, but I would be interested to know what your fuel costs/mpg are.
Twobob40

Post by Twobob40 »

What type of journeys are you doing and how far? Long motorway journeys I get mid 40's, around town it drops to mid 30's or lower.

I have the mild hybrid ultimate.