Charging rate for plug in hybrid

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi Kieth it sounds like your house is looped with your next-door neighbour, that your house is piggy backing power from them.

Have you contacted your DNO to ask. AS they should have been I touch, my DNO western power where 1 month after insulation
to instal a 80 amp fuse. I could not have a 100 Amp because we live on a Estate .

Does your Podpoint have a power management system built in? As this would Automatically reduce the power to your car if you or if you are looped
neighbour where using a lot of power E.G power shower or an oven all at the same time?

Jools
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022

KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Hi joolstdi. Sorry, I thought I'd reported back on this-perhaps it's on another thread. Western Power replaced the 60a fuse with an 80a and all is good now. The job took just a few minutes and there was no charge, All I need to do now is find a cheap source of electric instead of the extorniate price British Gas want to charge me from April 1st!
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

I noticed today that when the car is plugged in and charging the drivers screen is lit up and has the red plug symbol at the top. I didn't notice this yesterday and it seems kind of pointless, since the big light next to the charging point is illuminated
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post