Do any Tuscon ISG systems work?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Gregor1972

Post by Gregor1972 »

Hi all, thanks for having me on this Forum!
So, I want to buy a used (2017), diesel Tuscon this weekend, but at the test drive, the ISG wouldn't work (the message displayed was: "Conditions not satisfied").
The salesman said the battery needs to be fully charged, but even so, the ISG will not work on the cold, or if you're using the radio and the full beam lights, but not to worry and just turn it off and not use it(!?).
I have since read nothing good about the Tuscon ISG, do any of them ever work? Can no Hyundai garage fix these issues? Is it a manufacturing failure?
Has anyone had a faulty Tuscon ISG successfully repaired?!
Thanks for any advice!

ExTyke

Post by ExTyke »

This isn't an issue on my current car as it's a PHEV. However on my last car (not a Hyundai) the ISG rarely worked in winter. Any significant power usage in winter when the battery struggles to recharge would switch it off. (When I bought the car I contacted the dealer to complain it wasn't working and was told to be patient - I think the car not being driven for few days before I got it didn't help)

Clearly you need some Hyundai experiences to verify whether it's an issue or not but this isn't yet enough evidence to conclude the ISGs dead.
Ultimate PHEV in Dark Knight

Ordered 6th Aug 2022
Arrived Tilbury 6th June 23
Collected by me :D 18 June 23
MikeSwift

Post by MikeSwift »

Gregor1972 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:45 pm Hi all, thanks for having me on this Forum!
So, I want to buy a used (2017), diesel Tuscon this weekend, but at the test drive, the ISG wouldn't work (the message displayed was: "Conditions not satisfied").
The salesman said the battery needs to be fully charged, but even so, the ISG will not work on the cold, or if you're using the radio and the full beam lights, but not to worry and just turn it off and not use it(!?).
I have since read nothing good about the Tuscon ISG, do any of them ever work? Can no Hyundai garage fix these issues? Is it a manufacturing failure?
Has anyone had a faulty Tuscon ISG successfully repaired?!
Thanks for any advice!
As Ex Tyke says below your post the thing is a law unto itself.
My previous Sportage and my current 2023 Tucson seems to randomly decide when to work although the Tucson isnt quite as bad.
I think it does depend on the battery load if it works or not.
2023 Tucson Ultimate Automatic Petrol MHEV Serenity White Pearl.
ravenwest

Post by ravenwest »

I have 2020 Tucson and the ISG will only work if the battery is at 95%.As i only use mine for 30 mile round trip two or three times a week and have the radio and air con on all the time it very seldom works as it should.It just saves me the bother of turning it off every time.
2020 se nav gdi.
I also have Honda VTR 1000 that I use for weekend ride outs and a KTM 250 for green laning

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post