Lead times Hyundai Tucson 1.6 Ultimate

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Warriors195610

Post by Warriors195610 »

Hi I'm new to this forum site.
I ordered my Hyundai Tucson Estate Ultimate1.6 MHD 48v Auto on 3rd Oct 2023. I was told lead time car would arrive beginning to mid Feb 2024. However, still no news I called dealership just over 2 weeks ago for update but was told it would be another couple of weeks before they know. Still nothing anyone else had any lead time issues ? Tia

Berty

Post by Berty »

The 2nd last person to find out if the car is on the way is the dealer. I know folks in the UK would simply ask Hyundai UK directly for an update. I'm in Ireland and contacted Hyundai Ireland directly and got a very quick response with information. Grante, it was the same information the dealer had but they did tell me how the process works. They said when the car enters production it is given a specific code and that appears on their systems, later in the process it get stamped with a VIN and then they see that and only then really do they consider the countdown to it being on a train/ship/truck to you. October to February sounds about normal based on what other people said.

In saying that there is a long discussion on this forum about ordering, check it out. viewtopic.php?t=825
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Davis63

Post by Davis63 »

i ordered mine on the 18th November and was due in April but the car arrived at tilbury a couple of weeks ago, now need to wait for it to go through scrutineering and the shipped to the dealer.
I asked Hyundai on twitter and they were able to give me ship, estimated port date and vin number, i did try emailing Hyundai UK but didnt hear a work back , I also asked Hyundai UK about some accessories and again no reply
28th Feb- Just an update, they said the car was built without the colour pack and the two tone roof as that's not an option but when i just checked the Hyundai UK configurator it now come standard with that kit, Have I been duped
Last edited by Davis63 on Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2024 Premium PHEV-Shimmering Silver
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

For those unwilling to wait for several months before collecting their chosen model, it is worth asking at your dealership if they will keep you appraised of any cars stuck at Tilbury as there are occasionally cancelled orders due to prospective purchasers becoming cheesed off by the waiting time and deciding to purchase from another brand.

Of course, if you are fussy about colour and trim spec, something that suits may never turn up but it is worth asking. That’s how I got mine and although I wouldn’t have selected the Dark Knight pearlescent paint job, when I’m inside the car, I can’t see the outside and I got to drive it away in less than four weeks from the salesman identifying the model on their system. The only wait was for space on a transporter to deliver the car to the dealership.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post