Satnav Update for SE Nav Tucson

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

bellandbottle wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:27 pm I've just had a trial run using Android Auto and Google Maps, and I reckon it is as good as, if not better than, the Hyundai maps.
I am not one for giving up, but I think I'll call it a day.
Giving up on it and switching to Google or Waze makes sense but it is annoying when something should work but doesn’t.

You’ve probably had a gutful of the whole downloading business but I’m not clear about which path you followed when performing the actual download from the Hyundai update site. By that I mean, after identifying the correct generation download for your model year, did you use the SD card from the infotainment unit which contained the previous version and download direct to that card rather than to the download folder (or any other folder) on your computer?

I found that by choosing the external drive (SD card) as the destination for the download, the Hyundai download actually performs the formatting itself, overwriting the previous version and then the files all end up in the correct place. That worked for me when downloading the programme to my laptop and then transferring the files to the SD card didn’t. Some owners had problems with the size of the SD card although the instructions should specify the correct size, 32Gb or 64Gb. I’m sure I read somewhere that someone successfully utilised a 128Gb card?
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.

bellandbottle

Post by bellandbottle »

I formatted a new SD card to Fat32 and then loaded on to that. I kept the existing car separate just in case.

I tried it both ways, once direct to the card, and once via the hard drive, but still no go.

I have just posted the card back to the supplier and they will refund me.

Hey, ho.
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

bellandbottle wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:06 pm I formatted a new SD card to Fat32 and then loaded on to that.
The web page https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/updateGuide specifically states that in the case of a USB medium, it should be formatted as ex-FAT, rather than FAT 32. It also describes a 64Gb USB drive.

I thought there was no difference between the two FAT drives but on researching that very question, there are differences. Curiously, the SD card requirements differ as a capacity of 32Gb is recommended, formatted as FAT 32!

While these facts may be completely irrelevant, I nevertheless wonder if therein lies the obstacle to a successful download of the update?

In any event, I hope you manage to find your way wherever the notion takes you, backed up by your preferred navigation programme.👍
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
D.Jables

Post by D.Jables »

If it helps when I did my update I used a 128GB USB drive and formatted it to ex-FAT.

I think that the 64GB size is a minimum requirement although the last update was actually smaller but may need the extra capacity to extract the file and upload to the head units own storage. It’s possible that it read/writes to and from the USB stick due to limited storage capacity on the head unit.

Anyway hope you sort the problem out.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post