Warranty

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Adi.h

Post by Adi.h »

My Tucson is 5 months old, bought new. Both front wipers leave multiple lines on the windscreen when it’s raining. Will the wipers be covered by the Hyundai warranty. I would expect them to last more than 5 months.
Hyundai Tucson Ultimate, Hybrid in Sunset Red with Tech Pack, bought September 2023.

Philr

Post by Philr »

If you've managed to get a half decent dealer they may sort it for free but otherwise I wouldn't have thought they would be covered as they are a consumable like tyres, brakes etc.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Adi.h wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:20 pm I would expect them to last more than 5 months.
Wiper blades should probably last at least a couple of years in the UK with our typical weather and road conditions. They are not covered under warranty unless there is a manufacturing fault, However, your Hyundai dealer may choose to replace them by way of a goodwill gesture.

Have you examined the wiper rubbers to determine what is causing the problem? Grit thrown up on to the windscreen may have trapped small particles, sufficient to prevent the smooth passage of the rubbers across the screen. One fairly common problem with wiper blades behaving as yours occurs when the wipers are left in the auto position during heavy frost conditions. On starting the car, the wipers try to clear the screen and drag through the layer of frost on the screen. That can tear the rubbers.

If, upon examination, you discover cuts in the rubber that you cannot attribute to frost or grit damage, then your KIA dealer may conclude that the damage was due to something that occurred before you took ownership.

However, if your dealer is some distance away and/or it would be a nuisance in your daily schedule to have to travel there, you can source top quality replacement blades online for something of the order of £25 for the pair....or less. Should you decide to do that, before attempting to fit them, consult the owner’s manual where there should be an explanation of how to position the blades on the screen to facilitate removal and fitting.

By way of example: www.wiperblades.co.uk
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

Adi.h wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:20 pm My Tucson is 5 months old, bought new. Both front wipers leave multiple lines on the windscreen when it’s raining. Will the wipers be covered by the Hyundai warranty. I would expect them to last more than 5 months.
If the rubber blades are not torn then have you tried giving them a good clean? Put the wipers into the maintenance position (
User manual is confusing so: Turn ignition off. Press wiper lever down to bottom and pull towards you within 20seconds. It parks both the front an rear wipers) and either remove them or clean in-situ. I use rubber safe ptfe based lubricant such as Gt85 as it both cleans and helps to keep the rubber soft. Don't use too much and spray onto a cloth and run the length of the blade a few times. Obviously you don't have to use this method you could simply just give them a good clean with a cloth and some warm soapy water

I use it regularly on the blades and my pano roof seals (it stops the roof creaking).

Couple of years in and my blades are still good even after swiping across a frozen screen (auto mode on!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post