How scratched is your windscreen?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
David3

Post by David3 »

Hyundai are replacing the screen under warranty accepting a heating element fault, so I guess the Tucson does have some kind of heated screen
Tucson ultimate plug-in with tech pack in Dark Knight grey pearl, not our first colour choice but it was available straight away instead of waiting till next yearπŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚

Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

David3 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:46 am Hyundai are replacing the screen under warranty accepting a heating element fault, so I guess the Tucson does have some kind of heated screen

Good news that they've agreed to replace it.πŸ‘
David3

Post by David3 »

DotDotDotDot wrote: ↑Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:53 am
David3 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:46 am Hyundai are replacing the screen under warranty accepting a heating element fault, so I guess the Tucson does have some kind of heated screen

Good news that they've agreed to replace it.πŸ‘
Yes it's great news thanks
Tucson ultimate plug-in with tech pack in Dark Knight grey pearl, not our first colour choice but it was available straight away instead of waiting till next yearπŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

David3 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:46 amHyundai are replacing the screen under warranty accepting a heating element fault, so I guess the Tucson does have some kind of heated screen
I’m delighted to hear that Hyundai will replace your windscreen under warranty as I suspected that they might have reneged on that, claiming that it was the result of a stone chip or the like.

Having said that, I don’t know why they mention a heating element for, as far as I can tell, there is no electrically heated element in the front screen. Out of curiosity, I have trawled through several specification lists for the various models in the range and there is no mention of an electrically heated windscreen. Judging from the fairly comprehensive list of items included for each model, I would have thought that Hyundai would have listed an electrically-heated screen element, were there actually one present.

Still not content, I repeated the exercise on the KIA Sportage model range and still came up short. I noted that some KIA forum members had actually questioned whether the fast defogging of the windscreen was by a heated element but several respondents stated that it was purely the auto defog in action through the vents.

Having reflected on my own experience with KIA, I can confirm that the auto-defogging on my Optima was indeed excellent in clearing a frosted/misted screen during the colder parts of winter.......and that was a diesel. The Tucson, on the face of it, has an identical auto-defog facility which works even better as warm air comes through quicker than in a diesel.

Perhaps when you visit the dealership, you could seek further clarification of their claim that the crack was the result of a heating element fault?.....after they have installed the new screen!😁
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Al94

Post by Al94 »

There is no heating element in a Tucson windscreen.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
David3

Post by David3 »

Al94 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:20 pm There is no heating element in a Tucson windscreen.
I can only go on what Hyundai are telling us, as was said by someone else I also thought I had read on the US forum that there was a heating element near the wiper blades which is where the crack is, I'll try to see it when it gets booked in for the replacement

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post