Gear temp high warning...

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Steph36900

Post by Steph36900 »

I was driving today and was stuck in traffic it was just crawling and a warning sign came up gear temp high stop safely...so pulled over and turnt car off for 20 mins or so and seemed fine unsure why it came on cars a automatic and its brand new picked up last week with 9 miles on the car should I be concerned

PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

I can't spot that message in the manual...

Which model is it? Specifically, which powertrain?

If it's a non-hybrid, with a DCT gearbox I could see how driving style could cause this, but otherwise, it could be something more ominous (like they forgot the gearbox oil!)

See this thread - though it actually refers to a much older model.
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
Steph36900

Post by Steph36900 »

It's the n line s its a mild hybrid I haven't a clue about cars tbh but I've never had that message in a car this is my first automatic though
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Take it back and get the dealer to check it over.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

Steph36900 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:47 pm I was driving today and was stuck in traffic it was just crawling and a warning sign came up gear temp high stop safely...so pulled over and turnt car off for 20 mins or so and seemed fine unsure why it came on cars a automatic and its brand new picked up last week with 9 miles on the car should I be concerned
The attached is an exerpt from the NX4 user manual from Hyundais website. If you are worried I'd speak to the dealer/Hyundai.

Screenshot_20240106_141533_Drive.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post