Sat Nav's in Hyundai's

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
john3586

Post by john3586 »

I have owned 10 brand new Hyundai's and every one has has a faulty Sat Nav. I now own the new Tucson Ultimate hybrid and the Sat Nav is diabolical, if you put in Postcodes it can come up with 50 different streets, there is nowhere to enter the number of the house that you want. I drive on the Continent a lot and you cannot change to county that you want.
I've never had any problems with anything else, they are reliable car's with plenty of safety kit, but Hyundai PLEASE PLEASE do something about the Sat Navs in your vehicles.

Gibson617

Post by Gibson617 »

I am having the same problems ! Finally got my new Ultimate Hybrid 2 weeks ago and love it except the rubbish Sat Nav ! Like you , enter a postcode and it comes up with everywhere except the place you actually want . I am on holiday in Cornwall and giving the car a good test but the Sat Nav is next to useless .
You could buy a cheap Tom Tom device and it would work 100% better !
My previous Tuscon had Sat Nav problems but this is so much worse . The sales rep who sold me the new Tuscon told me the Nav is brilliant and the best he has ever used . He did not tell the truth ! Feeling very disappointed right now !
old man

Post by old man »

Not a criticism, but I do wonder if you're using the sat nav correctly. Whilst it's not infallible or glitch free, it's much better than the one I had in a 2015 Santa Fe.
I've just spent a month in France and it never once failed to take me to a destination.
All the places I was aware I'd be going to, I inputted before I left the UK. There was no need to tell it which country I was going to, I just entered an address and it knew the location.
It often mistook bends for turnings, but I've had other sat navs do that. My main gripe was that it would tell me which turning to take off a roundabout as I was actually leaving the roundabout, but watching the icons above the map overcame that.
I've had problems with sat navs finding isolated gites in France before, but this one took me right to the doorstep of the remote gite we stayed in.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
terryp

Post by terryp »

I have to agree with old man-especially about the delay in being told to exit a roundabout, but with the illustration on the icon I knew which exit to take before entering the roundabout.
There is a hotel in Portugal which I stayed in whenever I drove down there which my previous Renault refused to acknowledge its existence, only the street that it was on. The Hyundai found it straight away.
I think all factory fitted Sat Navs have their problems, you just have to learn their shortcomings and make allowances-or buy a TomTom!
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

I’ve stopped using the in-built Nav completely. Not that I find it bad, in fact it’s more or less the same as my last car, a 2018 X3, it’s just that I find Google Maps through CarPlay to be way superior to any in-built system I’ve used before. If you can, give it a try, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Alternatively, there is a mapping and software update due this month, which may go some way to help improve the in-built Nav experience.
Beards

Post by Beards »

richarde wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:24 am I’ve stopped using the in-built Nav completely. Not that I find it bad, in fact it’s more or less the same as my last car, a 2018 X3, it’s just that I find Google Maps through CarPlay to be way superior to any in-built system I’ve used before. If you can, give it a try, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Alternatively, there is a mapping and software update due this month, which may go some way to help improve the in-built Nav experience.
How much Mobile Data do you use using Google Maps for Navigation?
My current plan is only 4GB which I only use about 1GB per month outside of my home.
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

You can dowload maps at home (using wifi) for offline use when in the car.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Beards wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:37 am
richarde wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:24 am I’ve stopped using the in-built Nav completely. Not that I find it bad, in fact it’s more or less the same as my last car, a 2018 X3, it’s just that I find Google Maps through CarPlay to be way superior to any in-built system I’ve used before. If you can, give it a try, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

My current plan is only 4GB which I only use about 1GB per month outside of my home.
I’ve a 100GB / month plan, last moth I used ~15gb of that, with mapping using a very small percentage of that.
Last edited by Deleted User 487 on Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goof

Post by Goof »

Beards wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:37 am

If ou

If you are concerned about data(although it doesn't use much) you can download 'offline maps' over WiFi. Click on your photo in app and chose offline maps. You can chose the are you want to. I've got a road trip in a few weeks, I'll download the whole of England just in case I pass through a quiet zone.
Ordered Ultimate 230 HEV in Dark Knight -28/03/22
Initial delivery estimate 31st Aug 2022
Update (26th May) delivery to dealer on 5th August
Update(9th Jul) delivery to dealer 26th Sept :shock:
Will collect 20 sept
Aelking

Post by Aelking »

You can enter the full address in the search box, no need to put the number in seperately.

So you can put in 53 gu83 9pk and it will take you to that number on the map.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post