Picking Up TGDi 230 N Line S

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
bobbytucson

Post by bobbytucson »

Hi all.

I’m picking up a new TGDi 230 N Line S this week. Anything I need to look out for on initial inspection? What bits and bobs do I need to make sure I leave the dealership with? Any tips?

Thanks

Indalo

Post by Indalo »

bobbytucson wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:42 pm Any tips?
Welcome to the forum, ‘bobbytucson’.

So that you don’t experience any annoyance when you check the car properly on returning home from the dealership, it might be worth ringing their reception prior to collection and asking them to ensure that the tyres are inflated to the manufacturers recommended setting of 35psi. There have been many instances recorded of PDIs not being performed properly and tyre pressures are frequently mentioned by complainants and not only in this particular forum.

Beyond that, perform as good a visual inspection of body panels and the interior of the car as you can manage. Any paint flaws or damage of any kind should be picked up before leaving the premises. Lights and wipers, like doors and tailgate are easily checked so don’t just take it for granted that they all work.

I know it shouldn’t be necessary but in my own case, I bought a new Citroen from an official franchised dealer in London in 1972 and failed to spot a small paint pimple in the centre of the bonnet. That entailed a journey back to the dealer in order to assess the matter and then a further trip to have the bonnet resprayed. I also discovered in the case of my current Tucson that one of the rear window blinds had been incorrectly fitted and was impossible to retract. That meant the same routine of taking the car back for their assessment and then another trip when they got the part so they could fix it under warranty.

Obviously, it is worth spending as much time as you can with the car before you take it away, thus minimising the chances of finding perhaps an obvious fault before that first drive. The good news is that, in my experience of 5 years previous experience of Hyundai and more recently, 6.5 years with KIA, the few things that went wrong were dealt with under warranty and without quibble. That I meticulously observed the servicing requirements and never had the cars serviced outside the brand network may have led to my trouble-free experience having work performed under the warranty. Some other owners whose cars never saw the inside of a franchised dealership again once collected new, encountered difficulty when they suddenly turned up years later expecting major engine failure to be sorted when there was no indication that the car had been maintained in accordance withe the manufacturer’s schedule and specification.

It will take more than just the first drive from the dealership before you are informed of any problems but although ‘running-in’ a new car today is scoffed at by many, I still treat the engine and other components of all my cars with respect for the first few hundred miles till I’m confident that all both sounds good and feels good - old habits die hard!

Good luck with your new acquisition when you actually collect it.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post