Unlock ALL DOORS

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
ray.ward

Post by ray.ward »

At the moment if I unlock the boot using the button on the tailgate unlocks the boot, this as I am sure is standard.

Then if you close the boot, it then re-locks the boot (as no other door has unlocked)

Great.... and is partially logical
I appreciate that if I were to use the keyfob this would achieve what I desire - however it makes the keyless function somewhat redundant

However, I would like to be able to unlock ALL DOORS when using the tailgate mounted button?

I did also wonder if we can leverage OBDEleven / Carly type devices to achieve additional customisation

Note: I do not have the power tailgate (in case that makes any difference)

Thanks
Ray
2023 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Premium 5dr 2WD Auto - Dark Knight

Unimatrix

Post by Unimatrix »

I'm sure that they could potentially see it from a security side of things as well.
If you unlock all of the doors while you are at the boot you could potentially give people access to the car when you are at the most vulnerable position ie the back.
Someone could easily jump in your car, start the engine and drive off.

In my eyes personally i don't see how big of a deal it is to walk an extra 5-10 steps to either side of the car and just use the unlock button on the door handle.
But that is just my opinion and mine alone :)
2022 Tucson Ultimate Petrol
XADE

Post by XADE »

Seems very specific use case, most people would not go to their boot before getting in their car.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

XADE wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:51 pm Seems very specific use case, most people would not go to their boot before getting in their car.
It's something I seem to do a lot; I'm forever putting things in the boot, or getting things out :)

I invariably use the buttons on the tail lift to both open and close it. This is the scenario that sometimes makes the Fob "sleep on inactivity" security feature fail. About 1 in 10 times, the Fob doesn't sleep - unless you remember to press one of its buttons ("LOCK" preferably ;) ) as you depart.
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
ray.ward

Post by ray.ward »

Thank you all - I appreciate the responses

To elaborate further

I take the dogs to the car and press the boot button to unlock and lift the tailgate at the same.

The scenario is that due to the orientation of my parked car it makes sense for me to approach the boot first with the dog rather than go to a front door first

Whilst doing this my human companion (be it my wife, son, friend etc) in case you thought was an odd description for personage as I do have more than a four legged friend - will make their way to a passenger door of choice.

At this point inevitably they will of course either

1. stand awaiting authorised entry
2. pull the door handle expecting a miracle
3. keep pulling the door handle in rage

So you can imagine with option 3. this makes both the human companion grumpy and the owner of the car that is concerned for the condition of the vehicle frustrated - hence the original post

I hope you can see why I now would rather the "boot unlock" also unlock all doors

As I said in my original post , this has been customisable in other vehicles all be it from the VAG group.
2023 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Premium 5dr 2WD Auto - Dark Knight
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

ray.ward wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:17 pm I hope you can see why I now would rather the "boot unlock" also unlock all doors
I must be missing your point, I’m afraid.

Surely, as you approach the car from any direction, perhaps 20 yards (I’m old!) you can press the unlock button and open the car? Your passenger(s) can enter as they reach the car. As you arrive at the back of the car, a press of the tailgate button will open that, ready for you to raise and your dogs can leap in or be placed inside.

How hard can it be? :D
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Unimatrix

Post by Unimatrix »

Indalo wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:30 pm
ray.ward wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:17 pm I hope you can see why I now would rather the "boot unlock" also unlock all doors
I must be missing your point, I’m afraid.

Surely, as you approach the car from any direction, perhaps 20 yards (I’m old!) you can press the unlock button and open the car? Your passenger(s) can enter as they reach the car. As you arrive at the back of the car, a press of the tailgate button will open that, ready for you to raise and your dogs can leap in or be placed inside.

How hard can it be? :D
I think he means he wants to unlock the doors without having to touch the key and just use the boot button to unlock all which he cannot do.
I can see his point of view but can't see a way around it.
Also pretty sure the signal from the key isn't strong enough to allow any 'human companions ;) ' to unlock the door via the handles when they are standing next to it while he is at the boot.
2022 Tucson Ultimate Petrol
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

Indalo wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:30 pm Surely, as you approach the car from any direction, perhaps 20 yards (I’m old!) you can press the unlock button and open the car? Your passenger(s) can enter as they reach the car. As you arrive at the back of the car, a press of the tailgate button will open that, ready for you to raise and your dogs can leap in or be placed inside.
Yes, that's what you have to do. But it renders the Passive Keyless Entry System somewhat redundant.
Unimatrix wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:47 pm Also pretty sure the signal from the key isn't strong enough to allow any 'human companions ;) ' to unlock the door via the handles when they are standing next to it while he is at the boot.
It's more that the signal from the car isn't strong enough, rather than the Fob. Additionally, the Fob is jumping through hoops, trying to figure out where it is - presumably to stop you deadlocking yourself in the car. (For example, if you sit in the car and press the door button through an open window, it doesn't work.)
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
Berty

Post by Berty »

A side comment on doors in general. I did notice a new Play Store update for Bluelink and there was a developer comment(about the release) :

Exact wording: [IMPORTANT: UK/Irish Specifications models are fitted with door deadlocks. If a vehicle is locked remotely, it must be unlocked using the Key Fob.]
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

Berty wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:10 am Exact wording: [IMPORTANT: UK/Irish Specifications models are fitted with door deadlocks. If a vehicle is locked remotely, it must be unlocked using the Key Fob.]
I wonder what they mean :?:

If you lock the vehicle remotely (i.e. using Bluelink), you can unlock it using Bluelink or the Fob - or at least, you can mine :roll:
However, if you do unlock it using Bluelink, the mirrors don't deploy (for some reason).
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post