Rear brake disc and pads

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Sarah1986

Post by Sarah1986 »

Hi all

I noticed yesterday a grinding noise coming from the rear of the car I’m assuming it’s the brakes.

Not sure if it needs both disc and pads but I just wanted to know what sort of price should I expect to be quoted for disc and pads replacement? I don’t want to be ripped off.
I am based in the midlands.
Thanks 😊

Big S

Post by Big S »

What model do you have and what's its mileage and age.
Sarah1986

Post by Sarah1986 »

It’s a SE premium 2018 model and it’s done 45,000 miles 😊 thanks
Big S

Post by Big S »

O.k due to the age of your car you don't really need to go to a franchised Hyundai Dealer anymore to protect any warranty. Assuming you have had the car from new and you have done lots of shortish trips then you may have worn the pads down to the rivets and that is what is making the noise. If you are not its first owner then you won't have an idea as to how it was previously driven.
If you have rear discs you can look through your wheel and see if there are any marks on the disc itself or get someone to take a rear wheel off and have a detailed look. When the wheel is off you can see if there's a big lip on the disc edge itself. If the disc is not marked you may get away with pads only.
Is there any reports on your last service sheet stating the brake pads amount left and state of rear discs. Was there any advisory's on the MOT report. There may be some good independent garage places near you where you could have them inspected and get a fixed price from them rather than paying franchised dealer prices.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post