Rear Sear Warning!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
RoboBarra

Post by RoboBarra »

Just got car back from 24 service (which I have issues with - see other post) On the two occasions I've opened the door to get out I've had a warning on the dasg "Check rear seats" Never seen it before.

Any thoughts anybody?

Thanks in anticipation.

Rob

Hyundai Tucson 2021 Full Hybrid SUV 1.6 T-GDi Hybrid Ultimate FWD -- NX4A,NX4E 1598cc 169KW 230HP G4FT.

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

There's a setting you can turn off. I can't remember what it is, but I remember doing that when I got those errors.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
nje

Post by nje »

It isn’t and error. I’ve just switched it off in settings. I think it was ‘setup’ ‘vehicle’ ‘convenience’.
It initiates when you open any of the second row back doors (not tailgate) at the commencement of your journey then when you complete your journey it reminds you that you may have someone (child in the rear seat.) I thought it was an odd thing to do, but perhaps a lot of people forget their children and leave them in the car😂
2023 Tucson Ultimate PHEV - Teal with Moss grey interior
Arrived at dealer- 10/10/23
Delivered to me -18/10/23
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

On the other hand, it also says that if after receiving the warning, you lock the car and then movement is detected inside, the vehicle's horn will sound repeatedly to warn you to collect the fruit of your loins from the rear seats.

Maybe a good idea to leave it on and routinely open a rear door before driving - that way, if the car is broken into you might actually hear the horn going instead of just the "toy police car" noise it normally makes 😁
RoboBarra

Post by RoboBarra »

Thanks everybody. I did actually find it deep in driver convenience settings under rear seat alert. The box was checked so I just unchecked it. I'm not sure why I've never seen it before until the 24 month service last Thursday. Maybe they did a "Factory Default" reset or something.....but I dont know why they would do that?

Thanks for the suggestions

Rob

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post