Warranty experience

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

Morning all

Following my previous (first ever!) post on auto v manual I have another query....

The Tucson I am looking at has 18k miles but it looks like there is no service history. This gives me a couple of questions for the forum:

1. Do you know if Hyundai stores service records electronically somewhere rather than in a book?
2. Has anyone had any problems with Hyundai refusing the honour the 5y warranty if there is no evidence of regular servicing?

Thanks everyone!

ravenwest

Post by ravenwest »

I bought a Tucson from a dealer with no service book,but was supplied with a print out of services done from Hyundai via the dealer.As yet after owning the vehicle for two years I haven't had to claim under the Hyundai warranty.
2020 se nav gdi.
I also have Honda VTR 1000 that I use for weekend ride outs and a KTM 250 for green laning
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

Thanks for the response.

This one is from Cazoo so I have no idea who might have serviced it - if anyone! Cazoo is only offering their 90 day warranty because they have no evidence of servicing.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Check with Hyundai? It should have had one at 10,000 miles. If in doubt, walk away.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Laney

Post by Laney »

I’ve had huge problems with the warranty and the car! It first started in May of this year. Lost power. Took it to Toomey Southend after weeks of arguing about warranty finally got fixed. Said it was a fuel injector. Car only done 19000 mikes from new 2020. Broke down 20 miles after collecting beginning of August with clean bill of health. Still arguing over warranty seems like it might need new engine. Wouldn’t touch Hyundai at all. Went in for first service 2021 got a recall after that engine block went. Had to replace it after about a month got it back. Bearing in mind hadn’t been used much due to Covid! Been told quite a few of this model had same problem. Still fighting car not running at all.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post