HYUNDAI CAR CAR CLAIMS HANDLING

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
3puddings

Post by 3puddings »

Some muppet reversed into the front of my 6 month old car today when stationary at red lights. Its on my dashcam and he's bang to rights.
I'm insured with L&V and they will cover it.
Has anybody used Hyundais Peace of Mind accident claims handling service, I got various bits of paper about hem when I bought the car.
Were they any good?
They seem similar to me, except L&V will only give me a 3 door hatchback as a loan car and will have to pay extra for a Tucson equivalent. Hyundai Car Care said they will give me a Hyundai equivalent, which I need cos Im 6'5" tall.
It would go to L&V's authorised repairers where as Hyundai Car Care would go to a Hyundai approved dealer.
2023 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Premium 230 BHP

Indalo

Post by Indalo »

3puddings wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:51 pm Has anybody used Hyundais Peace of Mind accident claims handling service,
I had occasion to use what I think was called, “Hyundai First’ during my previous relationship with a Hyundai i40 Tourer.

It was the most horrendous experience I have ever had with regard to making a claim on my car insurance policy in 60+ years of driving’.

Total nightmare! My advice would be to stick with LV.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
3puddings

Post by 3puddings »

Thanks Indao, I am continuing with L&V. I've spoken to them again and they will now give me a comparable car to the Tucson and not a 3 door hatchback! The car will have a lifetime repair warranty so that will do me!
2023 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Premium 230 BHP
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

3puddings wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:53 pm I am continuing with L&V. I've spoken to them again and they will now give me a comparable car to the Tucson and not a 3 door hatchback!
That sounds like you made a worthwhile phone call to LV and drew a response that suggests to me a decent bit of customer service from the agent with whom you made contact.

I have had dealings with LV concerning their choice of ‘approved’ body shop. They wanted me to put my car into a known poor quality repairer in my area - both my brother-in-law and a friend received very poor workmanship, misaligned panel fit and rubbish paint finish, the obvious complaints - when I said I’d prefer to take the car to another of their ‘approved’ repairers, the next two nearest on their list were well away from my area so I said no to them. The next response from the ’Thank you for reaching out to us today’🙄 telephone agent was, “Well take it anywhere you like and get it fixed but you won’t get a courtesy car from us!”

As most body shops run a small fleet of courtesy cars, I did exactly that. I booked my car into a top-class body shop/classic car restorer, received a Merc A class for the few days the car was with them, paid the excess and LV picked up the tab for the rest.

My insurance expires mid-November so I shall shortly look at the options but I am expecting a large hike in price over last year.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post