Speed Limit Assist(how does it work)

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Berty

Post by Berty »

I have a 2023 Tucson without smart cruise but I have this setting to adjust the speed to the speed limit. The image suggests it is used when using the Sat Nav but I don't know. I've never had the car adjust speed ever.

It is a PHEV so it's an auto and has cruise control.

What am I missing/doing wrong? *Other than speeding you might say.

16965215539457327976302947808976.jpg

Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV

Tagore

Post by Tagore »

I have just bought my car and haven’t used this feature but this video will help
Tagore
Ultimate Hybrid 2023 Silky Bronze Moss Grey Leather
Berty

Post by Berty »

Thank you. Based on that video and a little testing it appears to work with speed limiter not cruise control. I will test it again later.

Essentially I was doing 50kmh with the speed limiter on and my foot on the pedal, the speed signs changed to 60 and I got a ping with the up arrow. The car didn't "assist" me at all rather informed me I should press up on the switch which I did and off she took. Then a few metres later it went to 80 so I toggled it again.

It didn't really assist me rather told me I could increase the speed. It didn't work with cruise control so I'd otherwise have to use my right foot to maintain speed. If so, not a benefit really.

I'll try again in a while as I've to head out again where the speed on the roads change 6 times on a short journey.

Also if you're not a fan of the car making pings this assistance creates a LOT of bings and beeps.
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

If it’s the same as a feature in Highway driving assistant, you should find it will only work on motorways when the cruise control is activated it will then read the speed limit signs and then automatically adjust accordingly ie cruise set to 70 sign indicates 50 car will slow to 50 ( such as road works)it should then go back to 70 when limit changes, the only problem I’ve found is in the UK it doesn’t recognise the National speed limit sign which is usually shown so will continue at 50 for sometime and then suddenly go back to 70. This also happened to us in the Netherlands over the summer.
Berty

Post by Berty »

HDA I believe is only with SCC which my manual says at least, I don't have HDA. It only cover HDA in the smart cruise section. Also says it works between 40kmh and 160kmh so not motorway specific.

Without smart cruise control seems more trouble than its worth having to use the pedals instead of cruise.
Philr

Post by Philr »

Don't forget that a speed limit is just that, it's not a target. so I can't see why you would expect the car to automatically accelerate up to the limit. It can't determine what the prevailing road conditions are - is it wet, covered in snow etc so it would be unwise for the car to accelerate just because of a rise in speed limit.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post