N line s vs ultimate?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Steph36900

Post by Steph36900 »

Whats the difference between the above 2? Looking at getting a tuscon but don't know which to go for n line s or ultimate. Looking for a car that drives better than my kia sportage which is so bumpy and wobbly 🤣

Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Welcome to the forum, ‘Steph36900’.

For all practical purposes, they are the same car with a little stylistic nod towards sportiness applied to the N-Line S.

As for the suspension and ride quality, I doubt that you will find the Tucson much different from the Sportage unless it comes equipped with electronic damping. The ride does tend towards soft and comfy as opposed to firm and sporty but there are other SUVs that provide a better ride/handling balance.

That is not to say that it’s poor as it’s nice on well-surfaced roads. It just doesn’t handle poor roads as well as some other similar cars. One motoring hack’s report on a test drive only a week or so after his test of a Sportage concluded that he felt the ride quality was marginally better in the Tucson.

If there are any significant differences which I have omitted, then there are several N-Line S owners in the forum and I’m sure they will have chapter and verse on that particular model. I plumped for the Ultimate version of the HEV because I could drive one away in four weeks rather than wait several months for a specific model/colour and so on.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I think the Ultimate comes with adaptive suspension - or maybe that's the tech pack. I know I have it.

Does the N-Line have the panoramic sunroof?
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

The main differences between the N Line S & Ultimate ( without tech pack ) are
N Line S has alcantara trim, heated front seats & steering wheel, panoramic sunroof, black roof headliner, power tailgate.

Ultimate has Leather trim, heated & ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, electric front seats with two preset memory on drivers seat, highway driving assistant. Light coloured headliner, power tailgate.

For us going for the Ultimate was an easy decision, as we now only have one car the presets on the drivers seat make far easier for use both to get comfortable after the other has driven, also having had ventilated seats in our previous car certainly for my wife she was keen to have them again.
The Highway driving assistant will only be useful if you do a lot of motorway driving as this is the only time it operates.

Ride quality wise both are on the firm side, my son’s N Line S does seem to have a better ride than our Ultimate, I’ve put this down to tyres ours has Michelin and he’s has Bridgestone, we both run our tyres at the higher recommended pressures as we’ve found this gives the best fuel economy, both vehicles are Hyrids.
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

For me my decision was swayed by the looks. I preferred all the extras that were available, including tech pack, with the Ultimate, but esthetically I preferred the look of the N Line S with body coloured mouldings. Also the front and rear spoilers etc are different, and I wasn't keen on full leather so half with alcantara was more for me. Also car colour as the Shadow Grey which I was after was exclusive to the N Line S. Whatever you choose I'm sure you will like it as they are very good cars.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post