Hyundai service

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Adi.h

Post by Adi.h »

When I bought my new Tucson a few weeks ago, I purchased the service plan of 3 years for £199. It is listed on my vehicle invoice but other than that I have no paperwork to prove that I have bought a service plan, I am missing something, does anyone else have service information?
Hyundai Tucson Ultimate, Hybrid in Sunset Red with Tech Pack, bought September 2023.

PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

Adi.h wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:40 pm Does anyone else have service information?
It's all a bit secretive, isn't it? (Kinda sums up Hyundai ;) )

If you go here: https://onlinebooking.hyundai.co.uk/ you can run through the process of booking a service...

I lied and said mine had done 10000 miles, entered the Reg no. and selected the local dealer, resulting in the following screen:-

Service.jpg

The system seems to know there is a Service Plan and says (twice!) that the 10000 mile service is covered.

Disgracefully, they don't - as a matter of course - check for past and pending fault conditions; unless you hand over £117. What kind of engineering practice is that? (I've long suspected it of other marques, but never seen it laid out in black and white before). The Seat dealers must have loved me, with my VCDS/Vagcom print-outs ;)

I wonder what on earth a "Vehicle Health Check" is, if it doesn't involve diagnostics :?:

(You can also register for a 'My Hyundai account' here: https://www.myhyundaiuk.com/, but I'm not convinced that it reveals any further information. You'll probably have to ring 'em to register - at least, I did :roll: )
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
r0n

Post by r0n »

Adi.h wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:40 pm When I bought my new Tucson a few weeks ago, I purchased the service plan of 3 years for £199. It is listed on my vehicle invoice but other than that I have no paperwork to prove that I have bought a service plan, I am missing something, does anyone else have service information?
I got my documents for the £ 199 service plan through within a couple of weeks , it was sent via email to the contact address I gave to the dealer , it's a pdf which you can print out if you want.
2023 Tucson - Premium - Petrol - Manual
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

r0n wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:54 am I got my documents for the £ 199 service plan through within a couple of weeks , it was sent via email to the contact address I gave to the dealer , it's a pdf which you can print out if you want.
It turns out that I too have such a document - received (by email) the day after the car was picked up. It doesn't say a lot, but does give a "Plan Ref" and appears to show that the amount the dealer will receive in total is £626.14 (The "Service Price"). I'm sure that is quite a lot less than they would have received if they were to bill the customer directly.

The nearest dealer (Devonshire Motors) used to service our previous Honda. I wonder if they will be quite as accommodating regarding courtesy cars etc, when being paid via this Service Plan?...
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
r0n

Post by r0n »

PhilHornby wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:25 pm
It turns out that I too have such a document - received (by email) the day after the car was picked up. It doesn't say a lot, but does give a "Plan Ref" and appears to show that the amount the dealer will receive in total is £626.14 (The "Service Price"). I'm sure that is quite a lot less than they would have received if they were to bill the customer directly.

The nearest dealer (Devonshire Motors) used to service our previous Honda. I wonder if they will be quite as accommodating regarding courtesy cars etc, when being paid via this Service Plan?...
My total is slightly higher , it's all academic anyway as all that matters is that three services are prepaid .

As regards the courtesy car I couldn't see why you wouldn't be treated any differently , you're still a customer who may want to buy another new Hyundai at the end of the day .
2023 Tucson - Premium - Petrol - Manual
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

r0n wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:17 pm
PhilHornby wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:25 pm

As regards the courtesy car I couldn't see why you wouldn't be treated any differently , you're still a customer who may want to buy another new Hyundai at the end of the day .
The car didn't come from them, but it turns out I was worrying unnecessarily - I received their usual excellent service, including a Kona Electric courtesy car.
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post