Leaving Forum as Selling My Tucson

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
poldark

Post by poldark »

I have sold my 18 months old, 22 plate Tucson T-GDI HEV Ultimate with 7K on the clock and am buying a new Kia Sorento Edition (delivery mid October).
The Tucson has been great but it was my original intention to get a Sorento back in 2021. After 14 months of waiting during covid, the Sorento was not even on Kia's build schedule hence I bought the Tucson.
I really need more headroom and am fed up of bashing my head on the tailgate when it's up. (it is at maximum!).

If anyone wants a Road Hero Spacesaver kit for their Tucson, I am selling mine which I only bought in July. The kit is Road Hero RH050 and its a 18 ins tyre. It cost me £278.
Check out the RoadHero.uk web site to make sure if fits your car.
If someone just wants the wheel and wheel nuts for the roadhero wheel and doesn't want the rest of the kit, I am prepared to do that.
Make me an offer either way and I would prefer its collected from me at Northwich, Cheshire CW8 4**.
Send me a private message please

P.S. I dont know why anyone was complaning about MPG on the HEV Tucson, I have just done a 1000 miles touring Ireland and it was consistent at 41 MPG. At home I get around 46 MPG and those figures are based on mileage and fuel fill ups.
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate in Red. 2023 Honda Forza 750cc in Blue.

italianjob1970

Post by italianjob1970 »

I agree about the MPG, mine's been sitting on 45/46 MPG average.
23 Tucson 230 HEV
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

poldark wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:15 pm I have sold my 18 months old, 22 plate Tucson T-GDI HEV Ultimate.

I have just done a 1000 miles touring Ireland and it was consistent at 41 MPG. At home I get around 46 MPG and those figures are based on mileage and fuel fill ups.
Wishing you all the best with the Sorento. If your KIA dealer is as good as the one who looked after my Optima SW for 6.5 years, you should have a great ownership experience.

As for your Tucson fuel economy, those look very realistic figures, unlike some of the bullshine I have come across on another Hyundai Tucson forum. I like honesty but there’s an awful lot of nonsense spouted by self-proclaimed ‘experts’ in car forums.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

italianjob1970 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:21 pm I agree about the MPG, mine's been sitting on 45/46 MPG average.
As with ‘poldark’s fuel usage, your figures seem very believable to me and although I shan’t be refuelling for another 2-3 weeks, the indications from the instrument binnacle look promising and I’m hopeful of a figure in the high 40s which I would find very reasonable for a non-diesel SUV.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

We’re averaging 400 miles between refills, usually 35 litres or roughly 7.7 gallons on a mix of urban country and motorway, sticking pretty much to the speed limit or below if it’s 60 or 70 this figure has remained consistent over the past 12000 miles, we’ve done 21000 miles since February 2021, the economy is by far the best overall we’ve had from any vehicle over the past 12 years, that record goes to my old VW CC diesel where I was able to get 800 to 900 miles between refuels.

Hyundai Tuscon Ultimate Hybrid.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

I think with the problems that I have had with oil dilution with the petrol engine and the little niggles that you see on this forum from other owners
I will more than likely jump back to a new Tiguan plug in.
what are being produced in may 2024.
but my lease is not up until June 2025 so I have it for some time yet.
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post