2022 vs 2023

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

mork23 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:06 am Looks like I'm too late
You may have already done so but it might be worth checking at the dealership if the all-up price they ask includes the first year’s VED. Whether you get stung for the ‘luxury tax’ depends on the price of the vehicle with any extras including fancy paint but before the application of VED. If your choice creeps in under £40K before VED, you will be fine. I had to forego the Tech Pack as at the time of purchase, it would have pushed the car over the threshold.

I can’t say that I miss the Tech pack but there’s a few gadgets and gizmos from my previous KIA, absent on the Ultimate model, that I do miss.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.

Saltcreek

Post by Saltcreek »

mork23 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:50 am
Saltcreek wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:33 am What I noticed from test driving the 22 and owning a 23.

Regenerative brakes are less grabby and a lot more smooth.

When in eco mode the vehicle is a lot more responsive with aggressive throttle inputs. I never have to use sport mode but in the 22 I did.
I'm very interested peoples thoughts on the regen braking on the 23 model. 15k on the clock on my 22' and now mine are noticeably worsening. I'm finding that the 'engine/regen' braking effect has become far weaker meaning I'm having to apply much more force on the brake pedal. It's difficult to manage a smooth transition but the stopping power still feels ok.

Had a call from the garage the other day to see if I wanted to do a 'deal'. I really like how the car drives (compared to previous SUVs I've owned) and it's practicality. I can deal with the interior rattles (turn music up) but the brakes for me right now are awful so if Hyundai has improved them I could be tempted...
Take it in for a service. I am guessing it is not the regenerative brakes but something else in the charging system. My car will charge just with adaptive cruise and following someone etc. it helps I live in a somewhat hilly area so the adaptive cruise keeps the batteries topped up maintaining speed.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post