2022 vs 2023

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I have a 2022 HEV and my wife has exactly the same except a year newer (both Ultimates wiht tech pack).

For the first time since she got it, I drove it (she wanted mine with the tow bar). Mostly the same but I did notice a few minir differences:

1. The steering felt a lot lighter at slow speeds. I did check the tyre pressures and both are correct.
2. When I reversed backwards, the brakes came on about a foot from a rear wall I was backing into. Mine lets me get closer.
3. It felt smoother taking off after slowing down for a roundabout (but not coming to a stop). MIne definitely has a hesitation which hers doesn't.

Other than that, it was all very familiar.

[Oh - mine is tidier than hers :D :D :lol: :lol: ]
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

Beards

Post by Beards »

alan sh wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:35 pm 2. When I reversed backwards, the brakes came on about a foot from a rear wall I was backing into. Mine lets me get closer.
Alan…. Is this a feature of the ‘Tech Pack”?
As you know, I have been waiting now for just over 16 months and I am learning stuff all the time.
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

No idea. Sorry.
Alan

Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Saltcreek

Post by Saltcreek »

What I noticed from test driving the 22 and owning a 23.

Regenerative brakes are less grabby and a lot more smooth.

When in eco mode the vehicle is a lot more responsive with aggressive throttle inputs. I never have to use sport mode but in the 22 I did.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Yes, I agree.
Alan

mork23

Post by mork23 »

Saltcreek wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:33 am What I noticed from test driving the 22 and owning a 23.

Regenerative brakes are less grabby and a lot more smooth.

When in eco mode the vehicle is a lot more responsive with aggressive throttle inputs. I never have to use sport mode but in the 22 I did.
I'm very interested peoples thoughts on the regen braking on the 23 model. 15k on the clock on my 22' and now mine are noticeably worsening. I'm finding that the 'engine/regen' braking effect has become far weaker meaning I'm having to apply much more force on the brake pedal. It's difficult to manage a smooth transition but the stopping power still feels ok.

Had a call from the garage the other day to see if I wanted to do a 'deal'. I really like how the car drives (compared to previous SUVs I've owned) and it's practicality. I can deal with the interior rattles (turn music up) but the brakes for me right now are awful so if Hyundai has improved them I could be tempted...
Ultimate HEV in Dark Teal
Big S

Post by Big S »

Hi mork23 If the figures from the dealer, are in your view very acceptable do the deal and get a new one. If you really like the car in general and want another one then do it sooner rather then later as the luxury 5 year car tax will apply on all Tucson's very soon. Make sure you haggle hard though as the dealer obviously wants some stock. Check your current model's value on Motorway and the other sites before even talking with your dealer.
mork23

Post by mork23 »

Thanks Big S, helpful suggestions!
mork23

Post by mork23 »

Looks like I'm too late - prices have expired on carwow overnight and new prices for N-Line S and Ultimate now over £40k which I was hoping to avoid. Although HEV/PHEV engines not even an option on the online configurator.
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

https://www.discounted-new-cars.com/sea ... group=1033

Try here. This is where I purchased from and prices are still keen. Not as keen as when I purchased but still under the Luxury tax mark.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post