New Tucson Owner With Questions....

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
David3

Post by David3 »

DeeTeeMe wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:18 am The ultimate has remote start and remote parking. Hence I asked the salesman if I start the car on the drive will the heating warm the car. He said yes or cool it depending on how you left your settings.
So it's not a prewarm setting, it's only going to warm for a minute or two before I would get in. I'm not going to leave it running for 10 minutes as that's a waste of fuel.
I thought our ultimate had remote start but have been unable to find on the bluelink app could you tell me where in the app it is please?
Thanks

David
Tucson ultimate plug-in with tech pack in Dark Knight grey pearl, not our first colour choice but it was available straight away instead of waiting till next year🙈😂

DeeTeeMe

Post by DeeTeeMe »

Hi
I dont have the car yet, collecting on 3rd October. Joined the forum to find out more and now I'm anxious the car won't have what I was expecting.
Will update when I get the car.
Tuscon Ultimate 4wd auto in Phantom Black exterior, Moss Grey interior
Ordered 16 August 2023
Collection due 03 October 2023
David3

Post by David3 »

DeeTeeMe wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:33 am Hi
I dont have the car yet, collecting on 3rd October. Joined the forum to find out more and now I'm anxious the car won't have what I was expecting.
Will update when I get the car.
Ok thanks, I'm not sure the dealers know what is available on the car's our dealer told us that only PHEV's were available in 4wd, after reading on here it appears quite a few models are🤦
Tucson ultimate plug-in with tech pack in Dark Knight grey pearl, not our first colour choice but it was available straight away instead of waiting till next year🙈😂
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

As far as I know you have to get the tech pack in order to have remote start. Even then I’m not sure if it will warm the car in UK spec. The remote start function is really only there in order to remote move the car forward and backwards. It’s not like a full preheat / cool function that I’ve seen on other cars.
David3

Post by David3 »

Mar10 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:55 pm As far as I know you have to get the tech pack in order to have remote start. Even then I’m not sure if it will warm the car in UK spec. The remote start function is really only there in order to remote move the car forward and backwards. It’s not like a full preheat / cool function that I’ve seen on other cars.
We have the tech pack and can move the car backwards and forwards but it's only on the battery not on the engine nothing I can see on the key fob to start the engine
Nashy

Post by Nashy »

1 - Never had an issue fueling up, personally i just put the nozzle in a couple of inches and fill it right up to the brim

2 - I thought i could pre-heat the car when i got it, don't know why i thought that but was gutted when i couldn't LOL
TUCSON, PHEV Ultimate in Black
Ordered 21/02/2022
Arrived Tilbury Docks 06/09/2022
Arrived Dealers 19/10/2022
Delivered 07/11/2022 had 8 miles on clock
Smitholas

Post by Smitholas »

We picked ours up on the 21st I believe it has the December firmware, has anyone tried the newest June 23 nav update at all? Doesn't look like much has changed by the website, currently downloading 25gb download.

1) Had no issue with filling it up, we went straight to the station, no click off until full, you may have had a twitchy pump nozzle.

2) I haven't seen a UK version with that feature unfortunately, but in the summer if you hold the unlock button all the windows roll down which helps cool it until you get in, not the same I know but something at least.

3) think it might be your android auto permissions on the phone.
2023 (73) Tucson Full Hybrid Premium in Dark Knight Pearl Grey.
Arrived 21st Sept 2023
poldark

Post by poldark »

Its not illegal to keep your engine running on the driveway of your property or indeed anywhere that is not a public road or highway. The definition of a road is a road or highway where the public has access, so Tesco car park is illegal but your place of work car park may not be if there is a barrier resticting access to employees only and not all and sundry.
I was on traffic for most of my Police Service and the law has not changed. But, following retirement I was a claims investigator for numerous motor insurers and I dealt with lots of stupid people who left their cars running or their keys in the ignition and their car was stolen. Insurers will not pay out in those cases 99% of the time, even if someone is relatively close to the car who could reasonably considered to be still in attendance of the vehicle e.g. letter in the postbox,
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate in Red. 2023 Honda Forza 750cc in Blue.
Pda0763

Post by Pda0763 »

Good Morning I have a 2023 Tucson n-line s manual for 2 weeks ( purchased oct 23) and having trouble with Reverse gear not engaging, it shows R on the dash and bleeps to say it is but just keeps rolling forward it has happened to my wife while she is parking, she had auto hold selected as it was in a slight incline, it took about 5 attempts to engage by this time we were only inches of the car, it has happened a few times now, also the alarm has gone off, the car play keeps disconnecting, and the car almost stalls when pulling away from junctions, not a happy start as it’s a motability car and my wife is the sole driver, she has never had any of these issues with a new car before, it should be a happy time but it’s turning into a nightmare
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Take it back and get it checked out.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post