New Tucson Owner With Questions....

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
XADE

Post by XADE »

Nobody wants your car running outside your home because you can't wait a few mins either. Heated seats & steering wheel in seconds makes this a non-issue for me.

It's for people who were leaving the car running inside their garages no doubt, causing a few fatalities. Rules change, and glad for this one.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black

Berty

Post by Berty »

Never had wireless android auto due to a dispute with apple and Google about who would get priority with their cars with Navs. We're still waiting since May to find it they will push an update from older cars.

There was a news update yesterday
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/hyun ... 21484.html

You can get wireless android auto by purchasing an after market dongle, I have carlinkit 5.0 which is for android auto.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

From what I’ve read I don’t think wireless android auto will ever be available on the current Tuscon, due to compatibility issues, the software/platform was designed and signed off before Google & Apple agreed who gets priority.

it’s no doubt going to be available on the face lifted version next year, which should share the same infotainment system as the 2024 Santa Fe which definitely has wireless android & CarPlay.

I purchased a Motorola MA1 and have to say in the 12 months I’ve had it has performed flawlessly, unlike previous wired connection which was useless & really cable dependent.
DeeTeeMe

Post by DeeTeeMe »

I have been told that if you remote start the car it will heat up or cool down depending on what your settings are.
I haven't picked up my Tucson yet, but this is a feature I wanted and expect to have.
Tuscon Ultimate 4wd auto in Phantom Black exterior, Moss Grey interior
Ordered 16 August 2023
Collection due 03 October 2023
XADE

Post by XADE »

DeeTeeMe wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:14 pm I have been told that if you remote start the car it will heat up or cool down depending on what your settings are.
I haven't picked up my Tucson yet, but this is a feature I wanted and expect to have.
There's a load of people saying you can't in this thread though, and 2 years worth of people confirming it :D Not in the UK..
DeeTeeMe

Post by DeeTeeMe »

XADE wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:26 pm
DeeTeeMe wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:14 pm I have been told that if you remote start the car it will heat up or cool down depending on what your settings are.
There's a load of people saying you can't in this thread though, and 2 years worth of people confirming it :D Not in the UK..
However I doubt that when the engine is switched on somehow the heating is not! I will wait till i get the car its only a fortnight now.
Ordered 16 August 2023
XADE

Post by XADE »

DeeTeeMe wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:04 pm
XADE wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:26 pm
However I doubt that when the engine is switched on somehow the heating is not! I will wait till i get the car its only a fortnight now.
I didn't think any had it, maybe the PHEV does but your signature doesn't specify.
DeeTeeMe

Post by DeeTeeMe »

The ultimate has remote start and remote parking. Hence I asked the salesman if I start the car on the drive will the heating warm the car. He said yes or cool it depending on how you left your settings.
So it's not a prewarm setting, it's only going to warm for a minute or two before I would get in. I'm not going to leave it running for 10 minutes as that's a waste of fuel.
Ordered 16 August 2023
XADE

Post by XADE »

DeeTeeMe wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:18 am The ultimate has remote start and remote parking. Hence I asked the salesman if I start the car on the drive will the heating warm the car. He said yes or cool it depending on how you left your settings.
So it's not a prewarm setting, it's only going to warm for a minute or two before I would get in. I'm not going to leave it running for 10 minutes as that's a waste of fuel.
What model (engine) though? Quite important! I have an ultimate and no remote start/parking.
DeeTeeMe

Post by DeeTeeMe »

Sorry, its the 1.6 mild hybrid 4wd.
Ordered 16 August 2023

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post