Auto hold

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Adi.h

Post by Adi.h »

Just taken delivery of my new Tucson Hybrid Ultimate this week. Still getting to grips with it and slowly ready manual. The manual says that when applying auto hold whilst pressing brake pedal, auto hold will stay on for each trip. However, mine turns off every time we stop using the car. Any one know how to solve this one?
Hyundai Tucson Ultimate, Hybrid in Sunset Red with Tech Pack, bought September 2023.

XADE

Post by XADE »

Adi.h wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:13 am Just taken delivery of my new Tucson Hybrid Ultimate this week. Still getting to grips with it and slowly ready manual. The manual says that when applying auto hold whilst pressing brake pedal, auto hold will stay on for each trip. However, mine turns off every time we stop using the car. Any one know how to solve this one?
Are you sure it says this and the manual is not for another region, US?

It doesn't stay on, and I don't think you would want it to in a lot of situations I've found. It is useful though on hills.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Philr

Post by Philr »

"auto hold will stay on for each trip. "
If that is the wording it is correct. Autohold stays active from the time you switch it on until you either switch it off or switch the car off which is effectively the same thing.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Adi.h wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:13 am Any one know how to solve this one?
The way to deal with Autohold is to incorporate it into your start-up regime every time you decide to use the car. You already have to buckle-up your seat belt every trip and it only takes a split-second to press the Autohold button then you’re good to go.

I have selected Autohold every time I have driven my car since my first acquaintance with Autohold in my previous KIA in 2016.
For me, it’s a gift! It makes all types of driving so much simpler and as I have to street-park in some very tight spaces on a busy bus route with razor-sharp slate kerbs, I am thankful for the assistance Autohold affords in such situations.

I have heard some nay-sayers complain that it can be very jerky in those tight parallel parking slots but I have never found that to be the case......not once in 7 years of daily parking, either in my KIA or in the Tucson. In conjunction with automatic transmission and the EPB, the latter of which is only ever manually deployed on extremely rare occasions, it is an absolute gem of a driving aid in my opinion.

If I had a choice, I’d prefer to see Autohold switched on by default but there is no means by which that can be accomplished without major interference into the vehicle electrics.

Use and enjoy!
Last edited by Indalo on Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
XADE

Post by XADE »

Philr wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:22 am "auto hold will stay on for each trip. "
If that is the wording it is correct. Autohold stays active from the time you switch it on until you either switch it off or switch the car off which is effectively the same thing.
Yep, it would say 'every' not 'each'.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Adi.h

Post by Adi.h »

IMG_0045.jpeg

As you can see the manual (UK version) states that the Auto hold retains its last setting when you leave the car, so strange it doesn’t happen. My last car had auto hold which was on all of the time.
Hyundai Tucson Ultimate, Hybrid in Sunset Red with Tech Pack, bought September 2023.
Philr

Post by Philr »

In the HEV and PHEV manual - same page number - the information sentence above the picture in the left hand column is omitted.
Adi - what version of the manual and what car do you have?
Phil

2022 Premium HEV
Adi.h

Post by Adi.h »

IMG_0046.jpeg

IMG_0047.jpeg

I have a Hybrid Ultimate, this is the manual that came with the car.
Philr

Post by Philr »

I have a May 2022 HEV auto and unsurprisingly the manual version is different. Mine is NJFO-UK23B.
Since mine was the Premium spec it may well the poorer end of the scale - not sure they even do a Premium version any more - but the manual is accurate :-)
If your dealer is any good, a rare thing in my experience, it might be worth a call to them.
Phil

2022 Premium HEV
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

My 'November 22' N Line S Owner's Manual is "PJFO-UK2NA" and does contain the Information paragraph.

It's wrong though - that setting is definitely not maintained...
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post