New owner with sat nav query

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Memnoch70

Post by Memnoch70 »

Hi all,
New to the forum and Hyundai ownership so please be gentle.

I've just bought a 2016 Tucson 2.0 Crdi Premium.

I'm trying to update the sat nav which I believe is a gen 2.

I didn't want to risk deleting the original sd card which has not been updated since 2016, so I bought a kingston Micro sd card with adapter.

I have run the update software and chosen the 2015-2017 Tuscon option, which says gen 2 and downloaded it to my hd and then sent it to sd card using the Hyundai software.

When i put it in the car, the infotainment system says, sd card inserted, nav will start shortly. However it dosen't.

I get no window asking if I wish to update, it just sits on this page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Welcome to the forum, ‘Memnoch70’.

There’s no risk involved in deleting the material on the original SD card. However, if you check on the Hyundai update site, you will be able to determine the correct version from the tables provided.

Once you have identified exactly which Generation your car runs, you simply follow the instructions. If the system directs that you use a 32Gb SD and that is the capacity of the existing SD card, then you are good to go. Should it recommend a 64Gb type, then use one of those. I was running a KIA model in 2016 but the methodology was identical. I’m pretty sure that the original SD card was 32Gb and I utilised the same card to update the system. It worked fine.

From memory, I seem to recall that I read somewhere that micro SDs are not recommended. Be that as may, whether you use Microsoft or Mac platform, the clever updating tool will format the SD card to ex-Fat and will prepare and download the material. E...v....e....n...t....u....a...l...l...y, you should be able to withdraw the SD car and again, following the instructions, the car will perform the update and inform you when it’s complete.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Deleted User 1130

Post by Deleted User 1130 »

Memnoch70 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:16 pm Hi all,
New to the forum and Hyundai ownership so please be gentle.

I've just bought a 2016 Tucson 2.0 Crdi Premium.

I'm trying to update the sat nav which I believe is a gen 2.

I didn't want to risk deleting the original sd card which has not been updated since 2016, so I bought a kingston Micro sd card with adapter.

I have run the update software and chosen the 2015-2017 Tuscon option, which says gen 2 and downloaded it to my hd and then sent it to sd card using the Hyundai software.

When i put it in the car, the infotainment system says, sd card inserted, nav will start shortly. However it dosen't.

I get no window asking if I wish to update, it just sits on this page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The way I would do it:
Take out the original sd card from the car
Put it in your laptop/pc
Copy the contents as a backup
Used the hyundai software to copy the contents to the original sd card.
Take to car and put back in drive (I recall the update does not start automatically on your model) therefore
Press setup -> system (basically you have to trigger the update)

If you search this forum this question has been asked and answered by other members so it's worth searching the site if you're still having problems ...
Memnoch70

Post by Memnoch70 »

Hi both

Thanks for the replies.

I did search the forum but could not find anything for my age sat nav and similar issue.

I didn’t want to format the original card in case things went wrong and I was left with nothing.

I have ordered a sd card off Amazon and will try again, I’ve ordered one that people on another forum have said definitely works.

Fingers crossed this will update it, being 7 years behind I imagine it has a lot to do lol.

Thanks again.
Memnoch70

Post by Memnoch70 »

New sd card. Update started automatically and it seems to be working.
Fingers crossed I’ve got it sussed.
Thanks again.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post