Paddle Shift

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
3puddings

Post by 3puddings »

I have a 23 reg Premium Hybrid 230bhp.
The paddle shift is useless, 90% of the time when I try and shift gear using it nothing happens.
Is this normal?
2023 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Premium 230 BHP

Deleted User 1130

Post by Deleted User 1130 »

3puddings wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:18 pm I have a 23 reg Premium Hybrid 230bhp.
The paddle shift is useless, 90% of the time when I try and shift gear using it nothing happens.
Is this normal?
I don't use them very often, mainly on hills, but when I have they always work. Are you seeing the gears displayed on the cluster as that will be an indicator of the paddles doing something. If in Eco mode the car tends to switch back to auto (D) quite quickly if you don't use them quickly (with an associated ding noise). If in sport mode this doesn't happen.
3puddings

Post by 3puddings »

I pretty much always drive in eco mode. If I try and change gear it stays on D. On the rare occasion it does change gear the indicator shows the gear but very quickly changes back to D. Mine doesn't make any ding noise even when it does change gear.
2023 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Premium 230 BHP
hansflw

Post by hansflw »

So if your revs aren't at the right levels, it won't change. I normally shift up at around 2.2k-2.4k rpms. But anything less than that, it won't upshift.

You won't hear a 'ding' noise each time you use the paddles to change gear. You will hear a 'ding' however when the car goes from paddle shift mode back to auto 'D' mode
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

3puddings wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:18 pm The paddle shift is useless, 90% of the time when I try and shift gear using it nothing happens.
Is this normal?
In ECO mode, it works a bit like a Ship's Telegraph ;)
In Sport mode, it's a lot more responsive. It will still auto-shift UP at 5500rpm and down at ~2000rpm ish though. It stays in 'manual' mode, until you press "D" (or hold the right paddle).
hansflw wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:23 pm I normally shift up at around 2.2k-2.4k rpms.
Out of interest, why :?:

See the Power Curve graph in this thread...
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22