Hot weather

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Keith1956

Post by Keith1956 »

I have a 2019 Tucson SE, during this recent hot weather 25 plus degrees tbe driver side window anti pinch system operates for no apparent reason, ( this after coming back to the vehicle after it being sat around and baking in the sun ) I have to close the window fully by holding the up button on, some times I have to reset the window open and closing parmeters, the fault disappers when driven and cool air is circulated over the drivers door, problem is its intermittant.
Any ideas anyone.

XADE

Post by XADE »

Trying to piece this together if I'm honest, are you saying you're leaving the window open to let the breeze in and the anti theft system is triggering? If so, that's expected.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Keith1956

Post by Keith1956 »

No, after returning from work and the car has been in the sun I open the drivers window, no problem, but when closing the anti pinch operates and the only wy to close it is to use the window switch in manual mode i.e keep it pressed up in the close posistion, using the auto one touch the anti pinch operates, until it cools by driving, only occurs on really hot days.
roadster

Post by roadster »

Presumably the anti-pinch operates by measuring resistance to the glass being raised and the threshold resistance is being exceeded because of friction in the mechanism or sliding channels. Try spraying some rubber grease on the runners.
Tucson PHEV Premium
Keith1956

Post by Keith1956 »

Hve tried the lubrication route but problem still perists, this concern only occurs on very hot days and only on the drivers window.
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

I had a similar issue with a previous car, but in cold weather!

Lubrication would seem to be the answer, but doing it properly, involves taking the door panel off and cutting the protective plastic sheeting underneath. I couldn't face doing this, for an intermittent fault :(

(I've had cause to investigate window mechanisms in the past: every single window (and the sunroof) failed on an old Freelander :( (Mysteriously, all the broken bits were stamped "VW" :!: )
Last edited by PhilHornby on Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
howitis

Post by howitis »

Find the sensor, by pass it, replace bit taken off, e.g.doorcard, forget about it.
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

howitis wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:14 pm Find the sensor, by pass it, replace bit taken off, e.g.doorcard, forget about it.
I would have expected it to be detecting the motor stall current, rather than having a separate sensor.
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post