All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Cheers I may as well check Tesco :)
Car: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Dark Knight w Tech Pack
Soon to be a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue

Big S

Post by Big S »

Yes car insurance is a minefield. One thing to bear in mind is that towards the end of 2022 car insurance companies stopped offering new customers a much lower price as this was penalising existing customers. The price people paid last year was probably heavily discounted to entice you in. Policies are computer generated and work via the law of averages.
If you didn't claim last year or you have not claimed for years the computer works on the basis that you are more likely to claim this year and adds a % for this. Other things that affect renewals are if the insurer has reached their quota for your type/style of car for the month, so they don't need you and extra is added on. They are also taking a hit at the moment not only for increased parts/labour etc , but also for paying out on high end motors that those lovely individuals are managing to take via their electronic gismo's which clone your fob etc. These cars are taken to chop shops or shipped out of the country very quickly and never seen again so the insurer has to pay out. Ways of getting the renewal down is to lower your annual mileage, if you can, increase your voluntary excess. You may find your age has also increased your price as you could have gone into a bracket that the insurer feels is more riskier, its just how they assess you. It can help if you add your partner or spouse to the policy, I don't know why, could be that you have someone to drive you home when you've had a drink etc.. If your renewal is very similar to the price you can get on a comparison site then that's life I'm afraid. Apparently the best time to get a renewal price via a comparison site is 21 days don't ask me why. If you haven't heard of Darwin they started in March 2019 and are part of the Direct Line Group under written by U.K. Insurance Ltd who also own, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag. If you insure through these and have breakdown cover in the policy, then Green Flag will come to your aid should you need help, unless you use your Hyundai breakdown cover.
Lastly someone's got to fund insurance CEO's/directors large pay rises and bonus package this year just like all other big companies!!!!!
r0n

Post by r0n »

XADE wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:31 pm I'm probably going to get a shock next year after saying this.. but I renewed in June this year for the same as I paid last year. Via a little cashback offer on Money supermarket.
But the question is, is your car a hybrid ? and is that the issue with increased premiums ?

As an aside when I bought my petrol Tucson a few weeks back I checked annual quotes for the various versions . Premium and N-Line were significantly cheaper for me to insure than the SE Connect which was a cheaper car to buy , also fewer companies would provide a quote for me for the SE Connect via the comparison sites I tried, of course everybody and their insurance is different so others may have different experiences.
2023 Tucson - Premium - Petrol - Manual
XADE

Post by XADE »

r0n wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:05 pm
XADE wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:31 pm I'm probably going to get a shock next year after saying this.. but I renewed in June this year for the same as I paid last year. Via a little cashback offer on Money supermarket.
But the question is, is your car a hybrid ? and is that the issue with increased premiums ?

As an aside when I bought my petrol Tucson a few weeks back I checked annual quotes for the various versions . Premium and N-Line were significantly cheaper for me to insure than the SE Connect which was a cheaper car to buy , also fewer companies would provide a quote for me for the SE Connect via the comparison sites I tried, of course everybody and their insurance is different so others may have different experiences.
I am even more glad I didn't wait for a hybrid if it's that. Judging by the MPG figures I've seen on here too, it most definitely wasn't worth the wait times or cost saving.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Unimatrix

Post by Unimatrix »

My renewal in March was around the same price i paid the previous year and that was with some added points......
So i was happy with that!
2022 Tucson Ultimate Petrol
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

There's a front page article in the Independant about this.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

And on the BBC it's everywhere at the moment.
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Tried Tesco, SAGA and Royal Bank of Scotland. All £900 to £1200. So I'm sticking with LV's reduced quote of £522.98. Sigh.
ClassicPete

Post by ClassicPete »

Have to agree with the majority of comments here. My insurance is due in a few days time. Until now I have use the facilities of IAM Surety as they have provided the most competitive prices. This year, however, the current providor refused to quote and the only other company was proposing £675 - a 250% increase on last year! Whether that is because of my age (over 70), or that the car is a hybrid that is less than 6 months old, or just the current trend, I have no idea. A trawl through comparison sites and direct contact with other insurers that I already do business with and the best figures I could find were £418 from a company called Moja and £421 from Nutshell. Reviews of this company were mixed particularly if there were issues around payment or changes to policy, ut even so I have gone with them. Hopefully I will only be using them for 12 months and won't have to contact them in the meantime!
2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid 230 Amazon Grey/Moss Grey trim
1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 of 505
1973 Semi-works Austin Allegro Rally Car
Tucson Ordered 9/8/22
Arrived Tilbury 21/12/22
Collected 27/1/23
Big S

Post by Big S »

A bit of internet trawling revealed Nutshell are a new direct to consumer brand that is a joint venture between Covea Insurance and BGL insurance. Covea is the UK division of a French Insurance company and BGL group operates from Peterborough and had lots of smaller companies in the group. They own and operate the Comparison site Compare the market known also as Compare the Meerkat. In Jan 2022 they sold off all their insurance companies and kept the comparison site. Looks like they are creating new ones now that will no doubt feature highly on their comparison site. The good points of Nutshell are free uninsured driver cover, free motor legal cover and zero admin fees. Wonder if they cover pano roofs.
Moja launched in Sept 2022 and is trading name of AXA insurance. Moja started out on Compare the market and is being rolled out onto other comparison sites this year. There are a lot of these digital only Insurance companies cropping up some have Call centres should you require contact with a human ( if you can get through by phone ) some are totally digital so e-mail only. All done to keep overheads low no doubt. These new style companies could be good news for us all providing they give a good service, at least they are backed by bigger companies un like small here today gone tomorrow Energy companies.
Perhaps ClassicPete can tell us if his Pano roof is covered.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post