F£@$*& Car Insurance Companies......

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Insurance companies continue to be a joke! We've currently with LV, and the first year's policy for our 2022 Tucson Ultimate (w tech pack) was £347.83, to renew it they want £550.50. A massive increase. Needless to say I wasn't impressed so went through various insurance sites.

Compare the Market varied from £557 to £783 with the cheapest being from companies I'd never heard of, so I'd not trust going with them.

We then went with Direct Line (who we have the house insurance with), that was unbelievable, they quoted £1,046.60!

So we'll be sticking with LV!

Bloody rip off merchants, the lot of them!
Car: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Dark Knight w Tech Pack
Soon to be a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue

Beards

Post by Beards »

Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024
Philr

Post by Philr »

My missus, also with LV, had the same when she renewed on our Tuscon, went from £231 to £390. Had a look round on the comparison sites and found the same as you so went with LV again.
Car insurance is a black art run by wizards and witches. I used to race a Lotus in a road legal class so it had to have insurance, tax and MOT. It was modified to hell and back - brakes, suspension, engine, ecu and a load of other stuff and loads of driver training, which incidentally meant I got a discount - all mods declared and it was cheaper than any of our then 5 normal - i.e. unmodified road cars one of which was an 8 year old Skoda Felicia estate.
I will never understand car insurance.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

dbrewood wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:22 pm Insurance companies continue to be a joke! We've currently with LV, and the first year's policy for our 2022 Tucson Ultimate (w tech pack) was £347.83, to renew it they want £550.50. A massive increase. Needless to say I wasn't impressed so went through various insurance sites.

Compare the Market varied from £557 to £783 with the cheapest being from companies I'd never heard of, so I'd not trust going with them.

We then went with Direct Line (who we have the house insurance with), that was unbelievable, they quoted £1,046.60!

So we'll be sticking with LV!

Bloody rip off merchants, the lot of them!
Agreed with it all. I had same with LV with the price jumping from £280 1st year to £525 for 2nd year. Naturally with 30 years no claims and another one to add I told them where to put it. After lots of searching and many ludicrous prices I settled for Darwin, which is part of Churchill. £470 so still a large jump but so were all the quotes and at least they covered Panoramic Sunroof. Blame rising cost of parts and repairs as well as the profiteering.....
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Beards wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:33 pm Did you try Policy Expert? https://motor-insurance.policyexpert.co ... quote.page
I'll give that a try!
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Beards wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:33 pm Did you try Policy Expert? https://motor-insurance.policyexpert.co ... quote.page
Tried them, £749.... Ouch!
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

FLOW (part of LV) gives a message they could not insure us. AXA was over £800. So I'll ring LV tomorrow to see what they can do. Sheesh, LV price was a 58.4% increase.
XADE

Post by XADE »

I'm probably going to get a shock next year after saying this.. but I renewed in June this year for the same as I paid last year. Via a little cashback offer on Money supermarket.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Well done that man!
mah006

Post by mah006 »

dbrewood wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:50 pm FLOW (part of LV) gives a message they could not insure us. AXA was over £800. So I'll ring LV tomorrow to see what they can do. Sheesh, LV price was a 58.4% increase.
I was with Flow & they refused to quote for renewal & i ended up going with Tesco for £475 from £320 the year before with Flow
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post