Having second thoughts about my Tucson order.

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Robbit

Post by Robbit »

I placed an order for a 1.6 TGDi SE Connect around a month ago. Having had several new Hyundai's, I'm aware how slow they can be to sort out design issues.

Living off grid, I wasn't aware of all the GPF issues with this model and the Sportage. I'm assuming that Hyundai are still trying to resolve this issue, or are they still trotting out excuses and dragging their heals?

If so, I'll cancel my order.

XADE

Post by XADE »

What does living off grid have to do with it?

I had the PPF issue but apparently it's resolved now by some sort of update, and only happens if you do a load of short journeys. Plus it's a 30min job to fix, not had it since.

It's been said it's an oversensitive warning system that causes it.

It seems like a really silly reason to cancel imo, but if you've got doubts already then that's on you.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Toucan

Post by Toucan »

I've had my Tucson 1.6 tgdi SE connect for seven months, no issues. My father has one too, a September 21, he had the gpf warning light once, took it for a run, light went out and has not returned. The issue would not put me off ordering one, unless I was only going to drive regular two or three miles trips from cold, but if that was the case an EV would be more suitable.
Tucson SE Connect 1.6 TGDI Manual, Shimmering Silver
ravenwest

Post by ravenwest »

I have 2019 se nav non turbo petrol 25,ooo miles i only use for reasonably short distances of around 8 miles of motorway and a few miles of town driving.I put e5 fuel in every 3rd fill and use the gears to slow down on the slip road when leaving the motorway,causing revs to riseand blow the particles out.Thats my theory anyway.To date I have never had the gpf show.
2020 se nav gdi.
I also have Honda VTR 1000 that I use for weekend ride outs and a KTM 250 for green laning

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post